Stage Forty-One

Chase

"What the hell was that!?"

The room was in a uproar of course with that performance. I just can't believe she would do that today of all days. That's infatuation not love putting your own needs before that one person your suppose to be willing to put your life on the line for...yeah not love.

"Chase come quick!"

My feet were moving before I even thought about it. The beatings of my heart skipped as I see my wife crying holding her stomach. Our eyes meet for just a second before hers roll back.

"No no no Tammy baby." I take her in my arms. "Baby please wake up come on not like this please."

I felt someone pulling on me but leaving my wife wasn't even a thought.

"Son come on we have to get her to the hospital." The muffled voice said but I couldn't bring myself to let her go.

It took a lot of convincing even still I held her the whole ride. Her father and mother drove us while her sister took the girls home staying with them.

Omniscient
Toni paced the waiting room for what must've been the hundredth time since their arrival. Seeing her child her babygirl in such distress knowing there is nothing she can do.

"Hey uh Toni-"

"I don't feel like arguing right now will so just...please."

Yes their "relationship" in co parenting as adults isn't as terrible as either pictured but its still plenty of tension to go around. After Will eventually won his first daughter heart for the first time he started coming around more. It must be true that you can't help who you love being the moment he saw her again after so many years his heart raced like a horse.

Will not only wants to right the wrong he's done to his first daughter but his first love. "I was just going to ask if you wanted anything from the cafe."

Toni looks at him. The man she once would've ran to when scared or hurt now is just a stranger from the past. "No I'm going to stay here and wait for my child to be ok."

"She's going to be fine she's a strong woman she'll pull through I promise."

"I'm sure you are aware I could give half a shit about your promises...what even makes you so sure since you can sit so calm thinking about food when anything literally anything could be happening right now to my baby."

Will stood cautiously walking her way stopping her mid pace. "She's had you as a mother to look up to. I can't make up for what I've done but I'm going to try my best making things right starting by being where I'm suppose to be both with my daughter and you."

That race horse heart thing was happening to both right in this moment. The parents were so busy lost in each other a person asking about their child slipped their ears.