32. Football, beer, manly things

Those nearly two weeks flew by so fast; I swore I had blinked and we were already on our way to Mexico. Our shows in Mexico City kicking off the North American leg were some of my favorites so far. The energy was so intense, the audience was so incredible and we were all in such good spirits. I was glad that none of the boys treated me or Zayn differently ever since we told them we were sort of 'together' on the low. They just carried on like normal and interacted with us like they always did, which made Zayn really happy, which in turn made me happy. In fact, Zayn seemed to be in one of the best moods I'd ever seen him in in awhile.

After Mexico we headed to Florida and had a few days off in Miami. Well, not entirely off. We were working on shooting a music video for "Best Song Ever" in between hanging out on a really huge, amazing yacht.

"Let's go! Get on!" I shouted at Zayn as I sat on the jet-ski, waiting for him to climb on.

"I don't trust you," he said, standing off to the side on the platform, hands folded across his chest.

"You're wearing a life vest. Nothing bad's gonna happen. I'll go slow," I said, trying to reassure him.

I had been trying to convince Zayn to ride on the back of this jet-ski with me for the last hour but he was extremely terrified of water.

"What if you hit a wave wrong and the whole thing flips over?"

"Zayn. Just get on," I insisted.

He groaned and slowly climbed behind me onto the jet-ski, wrapping his arms tightly around my body and I grinned.

"There you go. Good boy."

"Bout time," said Niall, who had been waiting for us on the other single rider jet-ski. "You ready lads?"

We started the jet skis up and I slowly followed Niall out into the water and Zayn's hold on me tightened as I increased the speed.

"Ok I have to get off."

"No you don't. Relax."

I increased the speed a little and we glided over the waves, far out to sea. The wind blew through our hair and I just wished that we could keep driving it as far out as possible until we found an island that we could just escape to and have sex all day. That was the dream.

"See, isn't this sick!?" I shouted above the sound of the revving.

"Alright, alright, you win. This is pretty sick," Zayn finally agreed.

See, I told him he had nothing to be afraid of. I was trying to get him to face his fears and actually have some fun with us and I was proud that he was trying. I viewed Zayn as my precious cargo, so I wasn't going to go crazy and freak him out, plus, it mattered to me that Zayn trusted me. After we rode around for awhile we returned back to the yacht and Zayn climbed onto the jet ski that Niall had been riding.

"Oh so you're gonna drive it yourself now?"

"Yeah, let's go!" he exclaimed, revving up the engine and I couldn't help but smile so big at the sight of him having fun.

I never wanted this day to end.

After we returned back to the yacht all of us chilled out just lounging in the sun before we had to head out to the studio in Miami to shoot some scenes. The scheduling was so chaotic for the "Best Song Ever" music video, but we were jazzed at the concept of it. All of us were given different alternative characters to play and when I tell you that I could not stop thinking about Zayn's character, it was not an overstatement.

Ben picked Zayn to be the one dressed up as a sexy receptionist, who they named Veronica Malik, and he was in hair and makeup for hours later that day. Mine was Marcel, a little squirrelly nerd, which was a lot less intense, so I was peaking around to see the other boys in their get ups and when I saw Zayn dressed in full make-up, a wig, boobs, heels, I bloody lost my mind over how attractive I thought he was.