Book II - Part 10

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Müller was driving Giuseppe's car back to the city from the abandoned warehouse they were in. He left his car back at the warehouse after telling one of the boys to bring it back to the mansion later. Giuseppe was sitting in the passenger seat next to him with his head thrown back on the seat and eyes closed, his features were calm and breaths were steady that one would think he's asleep.

"Onkel Müller, What do think happened to that man's hand?" Giuseppe asked after a while of silence, still maintaining his position.

"What do you mean?" Müller asked, feigning ignorance.

"Onkel Müller, I'd be awfully upset if you treat me as the 15 years old Giuseppe who's clueless to his surroundings." Giuseppe said, noticing Müller's obvious attempt at dodging the bullet.

"I haven't seen the man your talking about if I must remind you." Müller said.

"You didn't see the men I was in the room with and yet you came running like your tail was on fire to lecture me about not being reckless? I didn't peg you for a psychic." Giuseppe's tone held a hint of sarcasm.

Müller kept his mouth shut despite Giuseppe provocations.

"It was father's doing, right?" Giuseppe stated, opening his eyes but kept his laying position.

"It's nothing you should concern yourself with." Müller replied.

"Of course it is his doing, I was dumb to think he just let them go after what they've caused mom." Giuseppe said, sitting up, not of commenting on Müller's statement.

"I'm serious Giuseppe, don't let your father get a whiff of what you're doing or what about your mother's last arrangements for you. Any of them for that matter." Müller said seriously, after he stopped the car abruptly.

"Relax, Onkel, I know what to do. I've kept this secret for the past half decade already, I'm not about to start going around telling people about it."  Giuseppe said.

"You may not tell him, but if you go on digging about what happened so that the man you just poisoned ended up with an artificial hand, it will be reported to your father that someone's sniffing his trails, and if that happens it will only be a matter of time before the name of the Crawlers who supposedly vanished with A.L pops up." Müller warned. "What do you think will happen then?" He asked.

"I'm not doing anything that may contribute in breaking the promise I promised mom that day, I'm just curious why she wanted to keep everything she arranged for me before the accident a secret especially from dad." Giuseppe said.

"Because she knew if something happened to her and her assumptions turned out to be true, then you'll have no one to protect you and your sister." Müller answered.

"We have you and the Crawlers to protect us." Giuseppe said.

"The Crawlers need a strong leader for them to be strong enough to protect you, and with young miss out of the picture they're just some useless scattered pieces of chess. That's why she wanted you to wait until you have that kind of strength before the name 'The Crawlers' be brought back up into the spotlights." Müller explained.

"What about you? You were their leader five years back."

"She only revealed the arrangement to you when she was sure that the two of us might most probably not come back alive from that attack, she created the arrangement the moment you were adopted. It was a sort of insurance for you to help you achieving your revenge on your biological father if her illness annihilate her and she had to leave before she could help, and when Gisela was born it became both of your insurance to help you in times of need." Müller informed. "And even though I'm alive, it's best I stay off the grid for a while. Same goes with the Crawlers, it's best to lay low until you gain enough strength both physically and financially to take reigns." He added.

"So you're saying, it's best I stay the obedient son and kind boss until I'm capable of digging my father's secrets." Giuseppe concluded.

"Exactly." Müller agreed. "That way we can help protecting you better." He added.

"And mom and Gisela are okay living in the mansion, right?" Giuseppe asked.

"I think they are, but we are there watching over them if something were to happen. Though I don't think we have anything to worry about, especially after seeing the man's missing hand." Müller said.

"Alright then, we'll do it your way." Giuseppe said as he turned to his earlier position with his head back on the seat and eyes closed.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Giu! Where were you?" Gisela came running to her brother as soon as he entered the mansion.

"Sorry, cupcake. I was busy with work." Giuseppe said as he lifted her up.

"Gisela Knights, what are you doing downstairs. Haven't I told you not to leave your room?" Emma's voice was heard before her figure came in view.

"But, momma that was before my nap!" Whined the little girl in her brothers arms.

"Your punishment doesn't end until I say so, now get back your room before I deprive you from going to your friends' tea party in the weekend." Emma said.

"Papa! Momma is bullying me." Complained the little girl.

Everybody looked at the little girl in surprise, just where did she learn that word?

"Who taught you that word?" Emma asked her daughter.

"Mary said that her brother is always bullying his friends." Answered the little girl.

"Ugh! Again with this Mary!" Emma exclaimed angrily. Gisela has quite a colourful dictionary compared to her peers, all thanks to this Mary who she seems inseparable with.

"Go back to your room, Ela, you're punished until your mom says otherwise." Adam told his little troublemaker.

"But papa!"

"No buts, go to your room." He told her, sternly.

"I'll take her." Giuseppe said. He knew his little troublemaker did something huge for her father to support Emma without falling for her puppy dog eyes trick.

"What did my little angel do this time?" Giuseppe whispered, tickling her a bit as he walked up the stairs with her in his arms.

Gisela giggled out loud. "Nothing, momma and papa are meanies." She complained to her brother who laughed at her cute antics.

The little bundle of joy was the only one who could lit his mood up.

She was his precious little angel no matter what she did or how she behaved.

A/N

Hey, lovelies!

Hope you enjoy reading.

Until next time, happy reading, my lovelies.

Mi-M-Ab.