Part 28

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Adam woke up to someone snuggling to him from behind, and just when he was about to pry the soft hands off of him he stopped.

Emma's familiar smell hit his nostrils making him turn around ever so softly to make sure it's her before acting.

When he turned to face her, he was mesmerised with her features. She was so angelic, so peaceful and utterly breathtaking. He lifted his hand to her cheek caressing it so gently with a ghost of a smile gracing his lips before lifting her right hand to his lips, kissing it longingly.

Emma stirred in her sleep when she felt someone holding her hand, but she could barely open her eyes due to the heavy feeling she was feeling in her head and the pain in behind her eyes. It was as if someone was poking sharpe-edged needles right in her eyes, so she couldn't risk opening her eyes in the sunlight that she was feeling on her skin instead she opted for moaning slightly to tell Adam that she's awake.

Adam looked at her face once he heard her somewhat pained moan. "What's wrong? Are you unwell?" He asked alarmed shifting to sit so he could see properly.

"Don't move, Adam." She whispered so lowly that he barely heard her. He ceased his movements immediately when he knew what she meant. His movements caused for the bed sheets around her and the pillow under her head and the bed to move along with him even if it was barely noticeable to normal people but in her case every small movement helped increasing the pain she's trying to bring to end. He was familiar with her illness already that he knows all shapes and forms these episodes attack her. "Give me a minute." She added in the same tone as earlier when she felt him almost holding his breath along with his movements. She sensed how worried he was when realised her condition, and she wanted to assure him that it's okay this time, that it's bearable.

She never understood how Adam felt alarmed each and every time one of these episodes hit her, no matter how big or small they were. He always showed signs of worry and pain as if he was the one going through it. He was always there holding her hand through them all.

"The curtains." Emma said.

Adam immediately took the remote and closed them before taking another and switched a couple of lights on so that the room is dimly lit.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

After awhile of them in the same position, Adam slightly hovering over her while watching her and Emma laying on her back with her right arm over her eye, she finally removed her arm and opened her eyes ever so slowly trying to adjust to the light little by little so that the pain she barely managed to subdue doesn't kick back in. 

Adam was not that warred since he knew that this episode is not as strong as the others, especially since Emma didn't  look as pale or as weak as she does when a strong episode hit her.

"What's all this about?" Adam asked when he knew that she wasn't feeling any pain anymore. His face showed anger and finality mixed with a hint of surprise and worry.

"My flight landed a couple of hours before down." She said. "But imagine my surprise when I went straight to the hospital thinking you'd still be there seeing that it hasn't been even 24 hours that you woke, only to be told by the nurse that you've been discharged in the morning, so why don't you tell me the reason you're here instead of being in your hospital bed?" Emma said seriously. Her eyebrows were scrunched together, and lips in a small pout. Adam knew that that's a look she pull only when she's trying to overshadow her worries with a stern look.