Part 18

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"What are you doing, Adam!"  exclaimed an angry voice of Emma before closing the door, coming inside.

Adam stopped whatever he was doing, and looked at her.

"Just why on earth were you trying to stand up when you were your stomach was ripped open not even 24 hours ago!" She chastised, both her hands on her hips, looking like an angry mother.

Adam was busy checking her up, trying to figure out how she managed to look so cute and dangerously lethal at the same time.

She was wearing a black tight jeans, black sleeveless shirt with a sweetheart neck, nude pointed high heels with ankle buckle with a nude sleeveless coat on top.

However what caught Adam off guard was her hair color. It was no longer short auburn. Her locks were now straight, waist length, golden with auburn highlights.

"What happened to your hair?" He asked instead. Looking completely dumbfounded by the beauty standing in front of him.

He never thought she could get any more beautiful, but she keeps on proving him wrong, unknowingly.

She touched her hair lightly as if to check what was he talking about before answering. "It's my true hair color. The other one was a wig." She shrugged nonchalantly while putting her black Gucci clutch on the table next to him.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, feeling his forehead and cheek for his temperature.

He was brought out of whatever world he travelled to when she touched him.

He took her wrist and pulled her to him causing her land on his lap softly, avoiding his wound, then he hugged her to his chest. "I missed you." He mumbled in her hair.

Emma snaked her arms around him before she hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry you had to go through all this." She sighed stopping for a while before continuing. "I'm sorry our wedding was sabotaged, I know you worked hard to arrange everything in a limited time frame."

"But it wasn't." He claimed.

"It wasn't?" She raised one perfect eyebrow while frowning slightly.

Adam couldn't help but pecking her nose. "We were married long before we got along. A month after you joined our company to be exact." He revealed.

Emma shot up from his lap, and spent some time looking at him surprised with his words, dumbfounded even.

She was trying to grasp the meaning behind his words but to no avail.

Adam studied her scrunched up nose, and eyebrows that almost met each other, and her bitten lip. "Thought you're the only one with secrets?" He questioned playfully, trying to lighten up the mood that suddenly got thick.

However he knew he failed when he noticed her tense posture getting worst. He was about about to elaborate when I the door was burst open, and a frantic looking Patricia came in.

Emma mumbled a sarcastic 'just great' under her breath.

Adam frowned slightly when he heard her tone when she spoke. It wasn't her usual tone nor her usual behaviour towards his mother.

Something about her features looked hostile, and unappreciative of his mother's presence.

There goes another mystery he needs to solve. He thought tiredly.

His mother went to his side, checking his wound. "Are you okay son? Just what the hell happened? How did you get hurt?" She released a question after another while roaming her hands on his body, looking between him and Emma frantically, waiting for an answer.