Part 22

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"What do you mean they're gone!" Boomed Emma, holding her head. She could sense the pain crawling back up.

It's not the right time. She thought, trying to control it until the situation was solved and she was back home.

"The men we sent there couldn't find any trace of the Vipers, they've gone under the radar." Said Müller.

"All of them, not even a single person left?"

He nodded in confirmation.

"Greedy assholes! If they don't have confidence in going all the way why bother starting in the first place." Emma shook her head in disappointment.

"Mrs. Knights, we don't have much time left. Mr. Knights-"

She looked up at him, "exactly. Adam is going to flip if I don't come before the 24 hours end, so tell them that they have less than 12 hours to find me that stupid boss. Don't make me find him myself." She warned.

It's not that she can't find them, she simply doesn't want to do all the work. There are ranks for a reason, and if they can't do something as simple as finding a whole gang that went missing few hours ago then this is certainly not their place.

She really wanted to be the one to find him. She only needed the boss' head for everything to be solved and she go back home, but she have to reduce the stress she's going through if she wanted to complete this without another episode hitting her.

She'll just have to question Papa's doctor while waiting for them to find him.

The one thing she knows is that she has to go back before the sun rises tomorrow, or she'll have to face Adam's wrath.

Especially after he got to know that she already experienced one of her episodes earlier.

He just happened to be on the phone with her when it hit her hard causing her to release a small scream.

It took her almost an hour to convince him to let her finish what she came for, that she was almost done.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"He's here, young miss." Müller came in just when Emma laid down after she felt some heaviness in her head due to her sickness.

"Escort him to the basement, I'll be there in a minute." She ordered, still closing her eyes.

Müller looked at her for awhile with a hint of sadness lingering behind his orbs.

One could say that if grußer bruder was the one she leaned on so far, then Müller was the one person that she knew deep down would always be there for her.

He was the only one who stood right by her side when she was struggling with illness in a foreign land all alone and broke.

He never complained, never showed a hint that indicated that he was fed up with babysitting her as per Papa's orders.

Quite the opposite he was there whenever her episodes would hit her in that crappy apartment they were in, he would clean her clothes that were splattered with vomit, he would help her with her meds whenever her hands were too shaky to hold anything, and he would hold her head in his lap when her headaches are unbearably painful.

He was her strength in times of need. In times she lost all, even herself to grieve.

She found her lost solace and peace in him.

He understood her the most, he valued her more than anything. So for him to see her laying on her bed looking this weak and tired pricked at his heart.

He came out of his trance after a while, and exited the room ever so softly, careful not to bother her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Emma noticed his actions, she knew he didn't like for her to be this weak and surrender to illness this easily.

She was always so grateful and sort of sorry that he got entangled with her.

She was grateful to have someone as reliable as him in her weakest of moments, that he was the one who saw her in that state and not anyone else. She doesn't think she would have liked for anyone else to replace him, not even Adam.

However she does feel guilty to drag him out of his perfect life into her troubled one. He would have been at the top of the pyramid by now if not for her.

They went through a lot, but they've managed to get beautiful memories despite the harsh reality they were living.

She thought smiling at their memories that she remembered clearly.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

When Emma was chased out of the country after her mother died, it was a test for her.

One that had only two outcomes expected from it. Either she build herself, comes back as ruthless as Papa himself and prove herself, or she stays there with her bodyguard without a single penny and live with her miseries and grieve until she snaps out of it.

Nobody knew of her illness, nobody knew that she doesn't have that much time left for them to reveal all the secrets that were hidden from her, but because Müller knew few of these secrets and the fact she reminded him of someone he once held dear to his heart he vowed that he would help her exceed all expectations.

He would make her as invincible as possible, and he did.

He waited silently by her side for her to grieve without any disturbance, but when he saw that she was losing herself in that grieve he helped her directing it in a different place.

He helped her building herself from scratch to avenge her mother and beloved ones.

From then on he became someone whose name was always joined with both Emma and A.L.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Emma entered the bathroom after she had a nap to relieve the pain she was going through into a controllable level.

No one disturbed her because Müller gave orders not to, he knew she wouldn't come down in 'a minute' as she said because he saw what state she was in.

She came down in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black crop top.

"Come on, Müller. Let's get this over with." She said as she reacher the bottom of the stairs.

Müller walked behind her to the basement where the doc was locked up.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! I know it's been quite a while, and trust me I wasn't about to update today, but I realized that I've kept you guys on the edge for quite a while.

A sister-like friend just passed away few days ago, and I've been dealing with some problems in my school so yeah I'm totally not in the mood to write, but I love you guys and I appreciate your support this whole time.

I hope you enjoy this update.

Until next time, happy reading my lovelies! 😘

Mi-M-Ab.