Part 43

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Emma was walking back to her room, her complexion sickly pale and shoulders slouched. Signs of weakness and surrender reigning her whole stance when her phone vibrated in her pocket.

She only noticed it the fourth time, but her hands were so sweaty and shaking that she couldn't even lift them. She leaned against the wall and ended up sliding down so that she was sitting with her back to it and knees up.

The guards were alerted when they saw her that way and run towards her, but she lift her hand up so slowly to tell them she was fine when they attempted to help her up.

They stopped their movements. "Are you okay, Mrs. Knights? Shall I call Mr. Knights?" Asked one of the guards.

"I'm fine. You can go back to your work." She said softly while closing her eyes in attempt to lessen the severity of her migraine.

The guards spent few moments sceptical of whether to do as ordered or call somebody to help her because she looked like she could use a painkiller. After several rounds of looking at each other they decided to do as they're told and go back to their work.

Emma spent awhile in the same position with her head thrown back on the wall, eyes closed, and eyebrows scrunched due the severity of the pain until it subdued as always.

She fished her phone out of her jacket's pocket when she was able to open her eyes.

The screen lit with seven missed calls from the same unregistered number, and just when she was about to call him back, her phone's screen lit once again with the same number.

"Yes." She said faintly after accepting the call.

"Why didn't you pick up your phone earlier? Has something happened?" It was obvious how worried he was from the tone of his voice.

"No, nothing of importance anyway. Why did you call?" Emma asked.

"He came didn't he?"

"Who?" She asked.

"Michael." He said.

Emma was alert in seconds. "How the hell did you know?" She asked irritated with all these secrets around her.

"I have my ways." He simply answered. "What about Müller? Has he came clean yet?" He asked.

"Let your ways help you finding that out." She snapped.

The guy on the phone chuckled. "I don't need them to know that he did since you weren't surprised when I mentioned his name." He told her, still chuckling.

"Why did you call?" Emma asked once again, only this time agitation dripping from her words.

"We'll postpone the attack to few months later." He said.

Emma sat properly. "Why?" She asked puzzled.

"Just focus on your health for now, and let no one beside you but members of the Crawlers. I'll make sure that man stays well and alive until you're strong enough to confront him." He told her.

"You know of my pregnancy? Just who the hell told you I was, I myself only found out a couple of hours ago!" She exclaimed.

"Listen to me, Emma, you've already known half of the truth of what's going on around you and that knowledge is more than enough to enable A.L to protect herself. The other half is for Emma to know so it's not that urgent. Your and your child's safety should come first for you." He told her. "Just think of the rest of your pregnancy as a paid vacation where you can get lots and lots of rest so that stress doesn't jeopardise your child's safety. I'm sure Müller and Jürgen along with the Crawlers will make sure you're safe and sound until then. And don't put your guards up around me, I'm a friend, a very close one at that too." He added and chuckled, adding the last statement. "I'll call you when the time comes and if anything happens call this number, but remember you can only call it once so unless it's absolute emergency-" he trailed off.

Emma hung up the phone angrily. At least she had the gang she grew to trust. She thought with relief.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Emma decided to go back to her room before Adam comes down to find her and throw a fit. When she didn't find him there she decided to sleep.

Adam left the room to take a business call in his home office, he didn't think it would take that long until he finally hung up and went back to his room only to find Emma sleeping for what seems to be awhile now.

And since he had nothing of importance that requires his attention at work, he decided to lay down with her and have a wink himself.

When he changed into his pyjamas and came to bed, he couldn't resist touching her stomach. He still can't believe that his child is there, he had wanted kids for a very long time and when he received the news from the doctor today he felt like his dream was finally a step closer.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realise that Emma was awake and watching him until she spoke. "What are you thinking about?" She asked him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up, but this peanut in here kept calling for me." He smiled at her.

"You didn't, I'm thirsty. Can you hand me a glass of water?" She pointed to the water jug behind him on the bedside table.

"Yeah, sure!" He turned to pour her a glass of water. "Here you go." He handed it to her after she sat.

When she was done she handed him the glass back, and laid back down. "Come on, lay with me." She told him.

When he laid down, he scooted her to him so that she was in his arms and laid her head on his shoulder. "Sleep." He told her as he caressed her soft locks.

"Adam, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure! Anything." He told her.

"Is there anything I should know about you that you're hiding?" She asked him.

"No, there's nothing about me that you don't know." He told her.

Emma nodded her head on his shoulder.

I really wish you're saying the truth, for our family sake. Was the last thing she thought before she surrendered to sleep.

A/N

Hey, lovelies! So there is one more chapter before the first book ends.

This chapter was basically a filler so that you see how Emma's dealing with all these new information. Hope you enjoy it, and don't go far because the last one on it's way right after this.

Please let me know your opinions about this part of the story and if you have any unanswered questions or loopholes in the story please comment them or private message me with them so that I include them in the second part of the story.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.