Chapter 01

King's Cross station was packed with people as always, everyone rushing around so they wouldn't miss their train. But that wasn't the case for me and my best friend, Kiara.

     She had called me the previous night, suggesting a visit to King's Cross for a Harry Potter cosplay day, now that all the seven books were finally published.

But seeing as my mum was busy and dad was away on a business trip, Kiara's mother had agreed to take us there, even though it was ten thirty on a Saturday morning.

We couldn't drive ourselves, being only fourteen years old.

That doesn't mean we had never secretly tried, though. Needless to say, we crashed the car into a tree in a matter of minutes.

     "You girls and your weird wizard fantasies." Said her mother as she was parking the car. "Other girls your age go out to cinemas and go shopping. But here you two are, on a Saturday morning at eleven a.m. What's even the point?"

     I gasped dramatically. "Madam, but it is first of September, of course. Our train to Hogwarts will leave in about half an hour, exactly at eleven."

     "We would't miss that for the world!" Kiara agreed with a giggle.

     "Oh, for God's sake. Get out of my car before anyone sees me with you two weirdos and your pointy hats and fake wands. And don't you think I haven't noticed those are our chopsticks." She said with a stern face, trying hard not to smile at us.

     "We have no idea what you're talking about," said Kiara with a shrug, making us all laugh. So we said our goodbyes to her mother before we got off the car eagerly.

     Kiara had her camera around her neck as we took pictures of the station with each step that we took, posing with our chopstick-wands in the air, as if we were doing a spell.

     "I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter," I said teasingly with a fake sigh as we walked through the station, receiving weird looks from everyone who glanced at us.

     "Yeah, our owls must've lost their ways, to be sure." She went along with my joke.

     "It was probably Errol." I said and we both laughed.

     "I'm so sad the books are over, though." She said with a little frown.

     "Yeah, but thank God we've got the rest of the movies to look forward to."

     "By the way," Kiara started excitedly. "I just read a new fact about Harry Potter last night. Did you know–"

     "–Yeah, probably." I grinned knowingly.

     "Ugh, would you just let me finish my sentences for once, Lexi?"

     "Well, that's because I know them all! Heck, I'm pretty sure if there was a quiz for Harry Potter, I would get a higher score than J.K Rowling."

     "If you were in the books, you would be Hermione." She nudged me teasingly.

     "Nah," I shook my head with a grin. "If anyone, I would be Fred or George."

     "Ugh... Fred. Don't remind me!" She face-palmed with a groan, remembering his tragic death in the last book.

     "If there was only one person you could save, who would you have chosen to bring back to life?" I asked.

     "Probably Sirius." said Kiara after a few seconds of thinking. "I mean... Harry had just found a family."

     "Yeah, but what about Remus and Tonks? They just had a son! Or Fred... oh, poor George. I cried so much at that part. Even Dobby deserved a better ending than that."

"And Hedwig!"

"Regulus too!" I said, sighing. "Dunno why people keep forgetting about him. He died a hero, if you ask me. I'd bring him back too."

     "Well, you can't save everyone."

     "You can't stop me from trying." I chuckled with a shrug, but my laugh faded into a squeal as soon as I spotted platform 9 and 10. "Look! Oh... I can cry from happiness right now!"

     "What happiness?" Kiara scoffed. "We're supposed to go to school in two days."

     "Lets not think about our boring school right now. We're supposed to leave for Hogwarts in exactly fifteen minutes," I said with wink. "Come on, give me your camera. I'll take a picture of you with the platform."

     And so Kiara handed it to me, standing beneath the wall, her fake wand in the air as I took pictures of her.

     Soon came my turn and I did the same. But an idea popped into Kiara's head as she said, "Hey, why don't I take a video? You can pretend to run towards the wall and act like it's in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. You know? When they couldn't pass the barrier by?"

     "Yeah, it would be hilarious to recreate that scene." I chuckled along, never saying no to silly ideas.

     "Be careful not to hit the wall too hard, though," she said with a grin. "Your mum will kill us both if you break your neck and die."

     "Thanks for the pep-talk, mate," I shook my head with a smile and stood a few feet away from the wall. "Ready when you are."

     "All right," said Kiara, getting ready to record. "Three, two, one... and GO!"

     On cue, I started running straight toward the wall. I closed my eyes, ready to hit it, but making sure not to do it too hard to hurt myself.

     My eyes were closed. Any second now, I thought to myself as I kept running. But I was running for a longer amount of time than the supposedly distance between me and wall.

     Confused, I tried to open my eyes to see what the heck was going on that I hit something and we both fell down.

     It obviously wasn't the wall.

It was a person.

     "Watch where you're going, you filthy little git!" Said a boy's voice, as harsh as possible.

     Why did it sound so familiar? I thought, still too dazed to open my eyes.

     But then, an even weirder thing happened.

     I heard the sound of a train's whistle and when I finally looked up, I saw a sign overhead which said,

     Hogwarts Express, 11 O'clock