Twenty-Two ✔️

July 5th 4:30 pm

It's been 2 days since I've had serene's child and trust and believe me I'm ready to do a delivery with no returns

This child has cried every hour because she was either hungry or had pooped in her diaper.

What child poops every damn hour !

I was currently on the phone with the morgue that held my mom's body.

I had to do something and do something quickly.

"Is there any way I could get a cheaper service ?" I say baby girl on my lap as I adjusted the phone on my ear.

"I'm sorry ma'am but that's the set cost on a funeral. The only cheaper service we have is cremation and that is $1,500." As I sat there listening to woman explain all the fees and taxes and what not, I felt the urge to just cry.

I was tired.

(I can't remember giving the baby a name...)

I guess daliah felt my energy because she got fussy again.

A stray tear escaped and I quickly wiped it away, regaining my composure I pulled myself back together.

"Okay is it okay if I give you a call back tomorrow or later on today ?" I closed my tablet and sat the pen down.

"We close in a few minutes so tomorrow would be fine." She said, urgency in her voice as if she had else where to be.

"Great thank you, bye." I hung up the phone and released deep breaths, trying to regulate my breathing before having a meltdown.

As I stood up to enter the kitchen, Alexa announced I had a caller.

"Answer call." I said, waiting for the caller to speak .

"Hello ?" I said, making silly faces and daliah.

"Hey licia girl, how's everything going ?" It was serene, calling for the 50th time today.

"Same as earlier serene. It's going great." I released a chuckle as she sighed. She knew she was worrying for nothing.

"I'm sorry. I just miss my little girl so much." I smiled at what she said, her and daliah rarely spent time away especially since she just gave birth to her a little while ago.

"It's understandable. Whenever you want to come get her girl you know you can. I won't keep your baby hostage." I shook up her bottle and handed it her as she damn near snatched it from my hands.

She's little but strong. Something about newborn strength I tell you.

"I know. But this is a well needed break for Malik and especially me. I'll come get her the weekend."

"It is very much needed. How are you doing ?" I walked back into my living area and plopped down on the couch, turning on Netflix.

"I'm doing okay." That was it. And behind that one little sentence I knew it was bullshit.