Eleven✔️

12:25 pm-

"Maybe he's taking you to the movies ." Serene was playing the guessing game on where Alex would be taking me out on a date tonight.

No matter how badly I wanted to focus, I couldn't keep my concentration. My mind kept relapsing to last night's conversation.

"Don't you see Alicia. He can never hurt another woman the way he's hurt you. Us !" No matter how much it wasn't my fault, it felt like it incredibly was my fault. He's dead somewhere. Swimming with the fishes... literally and figuratively.

My thoughts were interrupted by serene snapping her fingers across my face. She looked worried.

"You okay lic?" She looked me up and down as if it would show in my body language, and god was I hoping it wouldn't . I didn't know how to explain this right now.

"Yea I'm fine." I plaster a fake smile on my face and avoid contact longer than 4 seconds. She scoffed and turned her neck in circles, before focusing back on me.

"Alicia we've been friends for a while now, I know when you're lying and I damn sure know when something is off." She folded her arms and looked at me with that look I had a strong hatred for.

Before I could come up with another lie she beat me to it, "your left cheek rises higher then the right and your right pinky does that little jump and quiver thing." I looked at her like she was crazy and she waved it off, "don't ask." She looked serious, "now spill ." I sighed .

I didn't want her getting involved in this if it takes a turn for the worst and the police somehow get involved.

"Serene I promise, when I'm sure of everything that is going on, I will tell you every single detail but, until then, please just leave it alone." I pleaded, she looked at me wholeheartedly and sighed, indicating she had let it go. For now of course.

"Now, can we please enjoy our mani-pedis ?" She looked over at me and smiled her heart warming smile.

We sat there with our feet in the warm water and relaxed.

"What would you had named him ?" Her voice was quiet, like she was scared to ask, I looked up confused and I met her eyes, they looked dejected.

"Your baby boy, I know it's been months but, I feel like you haven't talked about it and I don't want make you uncomfortable with the situation so if you-" she was rambling. I hadn't talked about my baby boy since that night I lost him. I remember the exact feeling.

The coldness,the rejection, the abdominal pain,the blood flowing down my legs as I sat there knowing that each blood drop dripping down was a drop closer to my baby's death.

" I would've named him Amir." I cut her rant off. She looked up at me and grinned. "I miss my little prince everyday but, that's in the past and no matter how bad I wish to turn it back...I can't." I gave her a sorrowful smile.

"That's a beautiful name Alicia, and he would've been a handsome little man." She said, serene was heartbroken when she'd found out if lost my baby.

"Enough of the sad stuff. You're gonna meet your little girl in a few months." I hyped, I was so ecstatic when I found out she was having a girl. I was always team girl.

She laughed scaring the lady who was now working on her feet, "yes ma'am ! I am so exited. Even more excited than my wedding. I'm nervous though. Am I gonna be a good mom, you know ?" She looked to me with a small grin.

"I'll figure it out as I go along. I know my hubby will be there with and for me as we both voyage across this sea called parenthood ." She laughed a little causing the lady to nip her skin on her a toe.

I laughed along with her, I envied serene and I hated that I did so. She deserved all the good coming to her and I had to acknowledge that in due time I'd get my happiness.

Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I watched the lady apply the white and apple green nail polish to my toes and nails. After she was done, she turned on the mini fan and tapped my hands , indicating not to move and to let the coat dry.

I looked to serene, seeing that she was dozing off into what ever world she was in. She looked beautiful doing nothing and now she was pregnant she was out of this world gorgeous. Pregnancy did her justice.

She must've caught me staring because she smiled," I know I'm fine baby but, please my husband is crazy." She laughed and flipped her hair.

"Very funny." I returned the smile and watched as she stood up grabbing her purse. She looked to me and stared at my green nails.

"They dry ?" She asked patiently. I touched my now dry nails and nodded my head, walking to the front of the salon and paying.

-

-4:33 pm-

Serene had dropped me off at home about 30 minutes ago and I was now getting ready. I chose a grayish goddess designed dress.

Sliding the dress over my thighs, I reach for the zipper but, I was unsuccessful . I heard someone's throat clear and I look toward the door seeing my biological mother.

I didn't want to be in her presence but, it was time to get over it, turning back to the mirror I watch her in the reflection. She walks over to me and gives a small smile.

"Need some help ?" She offered. She was trying to make peace and I didn't want to be a bitch so I silently nodded my head.

She smiled and walked closer, taking the zipper and sliding it up, making the dress clutch my breast tighter. She adjusts the straps to make the front of the dress drop properly.

"I'm sorry," she drops her head in shame. "That situation we had a disagreement on... it's a topic I'm very sensitive about." I felt moisture hit my shoulder and I quickly turned around. She was crying.

"What happened mom ?" I wasn't hesitant. My mom never let her emotions get the best of her, so I knew it was serious. "You've always had this thing against serene's mom and when her mom disappeared you turned it toward her daughter. Y'all were best friends." I wiped her hot tears away and engulfed her in a hug.

"Irene, she...she had a lot of issues. A few being her drug addiction and alcoholism. When she got pregnant with serene, she dialed it down a bit, she was so excited. When she had serene, she was dating this junkie. Brad or whatever. He introduced her to more heavier drugs like meth and other things." My mom lost all her color while talking, I see why it was such a hard discussion for her.

"She begin to neglect serene and started prostitution. It got so bad to where she'd give up serene for a few extra dollars." Her eyes teared up once again and I reached and grabbed her a tissue.

I could feel myself beginning to get emotional. I take a few breaths and look everywhere but my mother.

"I confronted her about it and it escalated quickly and savagely. We both said things that were unforgivable and after that night of our last argument, she and brad up and left." She released a sigh and stood up, leaving my thoughts unsettled.

I looked over to the clock to see it was 6:15. I looked back to see my mom had left out the room. I stood up and looked around for my white slip on heels, seeing they were laid out on the floor in the corner.

As I slipped on my shoes, my phone begin to ring- it was Alex calling, I answered the phone with a big grin building up on my face.

"Your chariot awaits madam ." I giggled on the other side of the phone and grabbed my bag.

"Here I come my handsome prince." I hung up the phone and made my way down the stairs .

Walking out the door I see him leaning against his car, he's an old soul... I like it.

Walking closer his smile grows even wider as he leans back up and opens the door for me, "prepare for the night of your life beautiful, it's going to be unforgettable." He smirked and closed the door behind me, and walked to his side of the car and hopping into the front seat.

I looked over to him with the same smile, "I can't wait." He smiled even bigger and winked at me before starting his car.

I was on a new level of happiness, nothing could go wrong tonight.