Twenty-four ✔️

Later on that evening-

Sitting before serene was the man she grew to despise since the entire investigation began

With the dim light shining, the only thing visible was the detective's grin and serene's lips quivering

She was starting to second guess her impulsive behaviour.

Inhaling a puff from the pre-lit cigarette, he released the smoke, both watching as it travelled through the light towards serene's face.

"What brings you here Ms.Salvatore ?" His snarky questions usually didn't have much effect on serene but in her position, everything did.

"You know why I'm here. I want to make sure my husband and daughter are safe." She sniffles, wiping away the falling tears.

"Malik had nothing to do with any of this. Just me and the others." Serene could feel her tongue starting to burn.

She was losing her composure.

Waving his hand, the detective disregarded everything serene said.

"The agreement we had the last time we spoke still stands, you tell me everything you know and I'll make sure you do no more than 5 years." He sighed his remaining cigarette into the table, throwing it to the floor and bringing his attention back to serene.

"Don't waste my time Ms.Salvatore. If you do, I'll pin this whole thing on to your friend Alicia." He eyed her and watched as her chest heaved up and down.

"Fine. Where do you want me to start ?" Starting the tape recording, he leaned back into the steel cold and hard chair.

"Let's talk about your involvement." He smirked, listening as the tears fell onto the table.

"I had gotten tired of Johnathan abusing Alicia. One night, I made phone call to an old friend of ours, he had been out of town since we graduated high school. He had always had a thing for Alicia so when I told him everything she was going through, he came up with the plan to get rid of him."

The detective listened closely as serene continued giving him details and information he didn't know.

"He called up a woman he had been talking to for a while and asked her to help us get rid of Alicia's husband." The detective began to piece everything together.

"And by any chance would that woman's name be Tammy Shilans ?" Serene looked to the detective with a shocked expression.

"How did-" she began but was cut off when the detective shushed her.

"Don't worry about that. Just continue."

Serene shifted in her seat uncomfortably. Whether it was from the material of the chair of the situation she was in, she felt uneasy.

"The night Johnathan was killed, all 3 of us were there. We had gotten a call from tamm- Denaya saying that things had taken a turn for the worse." Serene took a deep breath before continuing.