"It's alright, it's always nice to have someone to talk to. It gets boring mixing drinks all night every night", Felix winked. "But let me give you one advice", he said and shyly pulled Taehyung close so Jungkook wouldn't listen. "Yeah?", Taehyung tilted his head in confusion.

"Stop making him feel like less than he deserves", Felix whispered. "And if you're not over someone else, don't ruin his future by turning him into you-, if you get what I'm saying."
"I don't", Taehyung brushed the younger off, "And it's none of your business."

"Well, I've been the one listening to your boyfriend all night, I think it is some of my business if you're not there for him."
"Dude", Taehyung groaned. "I tried calling him a billion times, he ran off with my credit card to go shopping. Took me a while to find that brat", he explained sharply. "He may look sweet but he's not that sweet so fuck off and mind your own shit."

Felix gasped before rolling his eyes and stepping back, lifting his arms. "Fine", he said, "I'm staying out of it", he added before laughing a little. "But let me tell you one more thing-"

"Don't wanna hear it"
"That small boy? He deserves better."

Well.

That night ended with Taehyung's fist in Felix' face, followed by him getting restricted from ever entering that bar again.

*

Taehyung didn't speak all way home.
Neither did he when they entered the house. Jungkook silently followed Taehyung to his bedroom, not leaving the older's side which probably made it worse but the older had promised him this morning that they'd sleep in one bed tonight.
And Jungkook would insist on it.

"Taehyung"
"I'm not that bad", the older blurted out suddenly. "I'm really not."

"I never said you were", Jungkook hummed, the drunkenness finally fading away after he drank a whole bottle of water on their way back.
"But you think exactly that", Taehyung cut him off. "Everyone always thinks I'm a bad person but I'm really not."

"I don't think you're a bad person", Jungkook shrugged. "The only one thinking that is you."
"And that asshole at the bar", Taehyung snapped, grabbing a glass from his nightstand, walking over to his wardrobe where he was hiding a bottle of whiskey. He filled up his glass and took a huge sip of the warm liquor.

"He doesn't know you", Jungkook tried to calm the older down while walking closer.

Taehyung nodded, inhaling deeply. "How comes people don't even know me yet they still seem to know that I'm not good enough?"
"Tae what is this about", Jungkook sighed. "Is it because he said I deserve better?"

The older kept quiet, taking another sip. "I don't get it. I don't fucking get it." He was shaking his head, pacing up and down the room while his eyes were filling up with tears of frustration. "You suck, seriously Jungkook, you fucking suck."

"Thanks?", the younger bit his lips.
"You're rude, you're a brat and you don't care about me at all. All you want is a good time and my money", Taehyung kept going. "You don't deserve better than me. We deserve each other."

Jungkook gulped, not saying a word.

"If you were innocent and sweet, I'd get it. But you're literally the one playing me here-"
"Stop", Jungkook interrupted him. "No need to talk me down like that just because you're frustrated. I'm trying to be there for you, if all you do is talking me down I'm going to go to my room."

Taehyung grumbled something to himself that was hardly even audible and then suddenly threw his glass to the ground. "Who do you think you are?", he spit out, stepping right through the splitters of the broken glass that were covering the whole bedroom floor. "I'm older than you. I'm the one giving you a place to live and I pay you money. Who do you think you are to act like you're the one having something to say around here? This is my house, my rules."

Jungkook stepped back a little, sighing. "You're gonna hurt yourself, Taehyung. You're wearing nothing but socks. Those splitters are going to cut your feet."

"You're not my mom", Taehyung snapped.
"Jesus", Jungkook whined. "I'm not, right. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I get hurt all the time, no one cares. Why do you?"
Jungkook was so, so, so fucking close to losing it. There was nothing he'd rather do than walk right out of this room and just go to sleep. He wasn't one to enjoy drama and he usually avoided conflicts all his life. When people were sad, he had no idea how to handle those situations, so he ran away from them. And that's all he wanted to do right this very moment.

Somehow, he stayed though.

"I don't know", he answered in all honesty. "I usually don't care."
"Thought so", Taehyung laughed out. "You don't seem like you've ever cared about anyone."

"Is that a bad thing?", Jungkook grumbled. "At least I'm not making people feel like shit about themselves if they're not the person I cared about before."

"What are you saying?", Taehyung yelled out, anger building up. "Say it."
"You know exactly what I'm saying", Jungkook shrugged. "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to be there for you? Should I leave you alone for the night? I have no idea! You're supposed to teach me all these things. How it feels to care, how to make a person feel special. But guess what? I feel like I'm more mature than you and that's even though I've been alone all my life."

Taehyung turned away, walking over to the bed. "You're making my head hurt."
"That's the whiskey", Kook mumbled, walking over there as well before he sat down next to Taehyung.

"I know you've been alone all your life too", Jungkook continued speaking, "You're easy to read."
"Stop", Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Just shut the fuck up."

"Being alone sucks", Jungkook said. "But I'm literally here and if you want, we can be alone together, makes it less lonely don't you think?"
"Only if you stop talking", Taehyung sighed, calming down when he felt Jungkook's hand shyly touching his own, fingers sliding in between Taehyung's long fingers that were shaking a little.

"You could make me stop", Jungkook grinned, then intertwined their hands softly.
"You told me I can't hold your hand if I'm not holding your heart", Taehyung whispered, turning his head towards the younger.

Jungkook chuckled slightly, moving his face a little closer until their lips were only an inch away from each other. "How about you're going to hold my heart for tonight then?", he said in a small voice, brushing his lips above the older's lower lip. "Not sure if that's a clever thing to do", Taehyung hummed back, finally back to his usual self that was full of himself yet soft towards the younger.

"It's okay to do dumb things sometimes", Jungkook said, "That's what I told myself before I let Hobi convince me of this dumbass job."
"Do you still think it was a dumb thing to do?", Taehyung asked quietly.

"Definitely", Jungkook giggled as he moved on top of Taehyung. "Maybe the most stupid thing I've ever done", he added before kissing Taehyung's lips once.

"But it's been worth it."

***

question, uuhm there's lots of smut in this book but idk if u guys want me to write all those scenes or just cut them- pls tell me :)))