LXXXIII: Before the Exam

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to karmaisbesboi and 1-800-Weeaboo-UwU
★------★------★------★------★------★

"Alright (y/n), let's try this again!"

I sniffled, rubbing my nose with my sleeve and nodding. I adjusted the gloves Hatsume made for me, clicking a button to release an oval shape on both of my palms.

"You're so close to perfecting this! So, let's hope this is the last time! You're looking a little pale right now,"

I nodded again, whispering to myself, "Please don't take be too much of a toll on my body again Uni..."

I brought my hands together, activating both of my quirks at once. My eyesight shifted to its usual red, only to notice purplish-grey particles appearing as well as small water droplets. I kept my hands together until the particles and water droplets mixed evenly with each other before pulling them apart, creating a ring of solid and gas like particles with water droplets around my body.

I heard Midnight squeal with excitement, feeling her blue eyes focus on me from a distance. I exhaled, relaxing my nerves. Focus (y/n). If they get released before producing an orbit around my waist, it's going to be more harm than help.

"Almost there (y/n), keep it together,"

I clasped my hands together behind me before moving my arms up and away. I noticed from the left side that few particles steadily followed their way up and towards my cheek. They hit my cheek, leaving a sting behind.

"Oh..."

"Ready?" Midnight called out.

I looked over at Midnight, "Ready,"

"Alright! Better not send any small explosions my way, please! I'd rather stay the shape we first started than be hurt from this... I got business to take care of after this!"

"R-Right..."

She chuckled, "Remember more work on your right than your left! This is supposed to help you develop sight for your right since it's a lot weaker with your current condition!"

You're telling me...

---★---

*Flashback*

Three days ago.

"Ready?"

I frowned, squeezing my father's hand.

Here we are.

Finally, sitting here in the eye doctor's office to figure out what's really happening with my right eye.

"I want to make sure you're relaxed enough, Miss (y/n). The brightness of the light shining in your face can cause some irritation immediately once exposed. Kind of like a newborn baby in a way,"

"O-Okay..." I squinted as he adjusted the headlamp down at my face.

"Are you sure you're ready?"

I nodded, "I-I guess so..."

"Sweetheart..."

My father mumbled under his breath knowing damn well I wasn't ready. Every time I had to get my eye cleaned it freaked me out that I couldn't see. All I was able to see each time was a small spot of vision and the rest of it was a complete blur.

Who wouldn't be scared of that?

I felt the doctor's fingers pull the medical patch off my eye slowly.