XXI: Creating teams

★——————★——————★——————★——————★——————★

The timer on the clock started counting down. Everyone had scattered looking for teams. I stood there alone... even Mina left my side... what true friend rivalry... 

I sniffled and started walking away. 

I mean I could always ask Shoto-kun... Bakugo... out of the question. Actually, out of the entire universe. I can't even face him so what's the point of trying to team up with him.

I looked around and made eye contact with Todoroki. He was waving over to me, but I felt dark aura sneak behind me. I glance over my shoulder and noticed that aura was coming from the one person I DID NOT, want to team up with. I felt my face go hot and started panicking. 

I don't understand!!! If Bakugo comes to me, what's going to happen?! Or if Shoto comes...

"(y/n)?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up. Midoriya was standing in front of me, fiddling around with his hands, "Could you be part of my team? I trust you more than most people and..."

"Deku! (y/n)!"

We turned to see Uraraka running towards us, "Let's be a team! It's better to be with people you get along with!" she said, smiling.

"Ochaco!" I cried out, hugging onto her. 

She looked at me confused, "Are you okay, (y/n)?"

I shook my head, "No..."

"Ah?"

Midoriya tapped my shoulder, "I think this would be a great team so far..."

Uraraka and I stared at each other and then at Midoriya. "Yes!" we said in unison.

"With your guys' quirks and another person... I came up with a plan!"

I look at Uraraka confused, letting go of her. 

———★———

"Iida!" 

Oh, so that's his plan...

"The four of us would be horses with Iida in the front! And then, if we use Uraraka's quirk to make Iida, (y/n), and me lighter, we'd be able to maneuver easily," Midoriya whispers within our huddle. 

"Oh..." Iida hums.

"I see!" Uraraka nods.

"Amazing how you came up with this plan on the spot, Izuku-kun," I said, nodding as well.

Midoriya places his hand on his chin, "It's better to have someone physically strong as the rider, but I haven't decided who yet. Anyway, this is all I could think of to keep running away until the end..." he looks up at Iida, waiting for a response. 

Iida lets out a sigh, "I expected no less, Midoriya..."

Midoriya's eyes went wide, "What?"

"But, I am afraid I have to refuse..."

The three of us gasped, "What... why?"

Iida pinches the bridge of his nose, "Ever since the entrance exam, I just keep losing to you. You are a wonderful friend, but that's why, if I just keep following you, I will never grow, Midoriya. Bakugo and Todoroki aren't the only ones who see you as a rival."

Iida had determination in his eyes before he walked away from us. I mean... if that's what's been bothering him the entire time there wasn't anything we could physically do to change his mind...