LVI: End of the night

★——————★——————★——————★——————★——————★

"Now... CAKE TIME!" Mina said, breaking the hug. She got up only to be stopped by the doorbell going off. 

"Oh, Mina-chan can you get that?" I said, getting up from the floor and picking up the kitten. 

"Yep!"

Mina went to the door, opening it, "Oh, Kirishima-kun,"

"Hey! This is the right address right?"

"Yes, it is! You made it just in time!" She cheered. I walked to the door with the kitten in my arms, "Kirishima-kun..."

He waved to me, "Sorry for getting here late, but look who I brought!" 

"DUMBSHIT DON'T PULL ME!"

My eyes went wide seeing Bakugo actually came even though he was dragged. I know, I should be a little more considerate since he's not much of the party person or people person at all, but part of me wanted to believe he was going to try at least. But, in the end, he did!

He made eye contact with me, looking away as a slight blush started settling on his cheeks. I chuckled, "Well, come on in. It's too hot out there to be standing outside for long. At least here, there's air conditioning," 

Kirishima jumped with joy, kicking his shoes off and handing me a small card, "It's not a lot but I hope you like it!" he said. 

"Kirishima-kun, come help me here in the kitchen!" Mina said, pulling on his arm. Before he was able to say anything, Mina had already disappeared with him into the kitchen. I stood in front of the door holding the card and kitten in my arms. Bakugo took his shoes off and giving me a sore stare, "So, I'm guessing all the idiots are here?"

I frowned, "They're not idiots, Kats. I mean, at least most of them aren't,"

He towered over me, "Sorry... I know--," 

I cut him off pecking his lips, "You came, which is what matters," I chuckled, placing the kitten in his arms. He flinched, "When did..."

"My dad got me her for my birthday,"  He flinched, staring down at the kitten. She was calm in his arms and meowed at him softly. 

"Ah! She likes you, Kats!" I cheered. He huffed, "She reminds me of someone..."

I giggled, "Mmm, who?"

He glanced up, "An idiot,"

"KATSUKI!"

"OI!!! (y/n)-chan! Come here!" Mina called from the living room. 

"Come on," I said, getting behind him and started pushing him to the living room.

———★———

"NOW, CAN WE START THIS PARTYYYY?" Kaminari screeched.

"LET'S GO!"

"WAIT, WE HAVE TO SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIRST!" 

Bakugo was holding onto the kitten away from everyone else in the room. Sighing, I smiled, "Okay okay..."

"Todoroki-kun! Can you light the candles?" Hagakura said, passing out party hats with Jiro.

"Sure," he said, getting up and going to the cake where Mina and Yaoyorozu were.

Preparing everything took a few minutes and then everyone gathered around me, "Ready~?" Mina beamed. I nodded.