XLII: A start

★------★------★------★------★------★

It was awkward. The timing was awkward. Walking together as a couple was awkward, but it felt right. I felt happy and even Bakugo looked happy for once.

I was still blushing from earlier, thinking to myself. We are in a relationship now, right? I mean he did ask and I did say yes so, should I? Should I do it? Man, hell with it.

I reached out to grab Bakugo's hand until he flinched. He looked over his shoulder, becoming a blushing mess, "D-Dumbass, what are you doing?!"

I frowned, "I thought we could hold hands..." I mumbled.

He stopped walking, his eyes growing wide, "U-um..."

"I mean! We don't have to I--"

"Shut up!" he said, grabbing my hand and intertwining his fingers with mine. I let a small gasp out. My heart was fluttering causing me to smile like an idiot. I stared at him for the rest of the walk to the training grounds.

"I just... Adjusting and... Nervous," he mumbled.

EEEH??

---★---

We walked together until we reached the entrance of the training grounds. From a distance, I could see the majority of the class standing there and waiting for the next instructions. The only people that were missing were Midoriya and Iida.

Bakugo's hand left mine as he started walking ahead of me. I blinked and jumped to grab his arm, "Katsuki-kun?"

He looked over his shoulder, blushing, "Idiot, not right now,"

I frowned, but I guess it makes sense considering the stares we would get walking in together. I mean, Mina would start teasing me and Kirishima would probably question everything.

"Oka--"

He turned around and held my hands, "It's just. Not right now, okay? You know... Raccoon will start questioning and it'll never end,"

I looked up at him and his crimson eyes were surprisingly gentle for once.

I smiled and laughed, "I'm sorry Kats! But, you don't have to act any different! Haha,"

An Irk appeared on his head, "DUMBASS. I'M NOT,"

Ah, there it is again. I brought his hands to my lips and kissed them, "Alright alright~,"

His face turned red again, jerking his hands away from mine. I giggled and skipped to where the rest of the group was and met back up with Mina, leaving him behind.

---★---

I tackled Mina's arm, "Mina-chan!"

"Ah! (y/n)-chan! You finally made it," she said, smirking.

"Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, you know--"

I hit her over the head, "MINA."

"Ow ow..."

Midoriya and Iida finally showed up and waved at me and Mina. I smiled and jumped off her arm, running towards them.

"(y/n)-san, you're quite happy," Iida said.

I nodded, "It's just... it's such a nice day!" I cheered. Midoriya chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

Finally, Bakugo arrived last with his usual angry expression. I looked over to him and smiled. He flinched, looking away and standing on the side, his cheeks were still pink from earlier.