XXIX: Quarter Finals

★------★------★------★------★------★

The stage for the second round of the quarter-finals was finally repaired. After the short break and check up on Midoriya, I made my way towards the arena for the second battle.

"WOOOO, AFTER THAT LAST MATCH WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE COMING RIGHT BACK!"

I stepped onto the stage, facing Iida. Instead of him being a friend, he was now the enemy so there was no use in holding back.

Iida bowed at me, "I don't want you to hate me, (y/n)-san!" he said.

I stepped back, "Huh? Of course not, but I won't say I won't go easy on you!"

"ARE YOU GUYS READY!!!!"

I took a deep breath. As long as I relax, it'll be fine. Iida's treetrunk legs are what make me nervous. Maybe if I focused on them--

"START!!!"

"Gah, already?!" I jumped.

"Prepare yourself!" he said, coming at me full speed.

"U-Uni!"

I opened my right hand as the energy particles came down, creating a spear. Iida forced a kick towards me, but I blocked it out with the spear, "Jesus, tree trunks!"

"HUH?! T-TREE TRUNKS?!"

He jumped off the spear that blew away some of the particles of the spear. He kept a distance between the two of us, but I immediately closed it, rushing forward and throwing solidified water daggers at him.

"(y/n)-san, that trick won't work with me!" He said, jumping back.

I smirked, "I know, but it's different this time," I snapped my fingers and the daggers exploded in front of him with a smokescreen of water vapor. Now, if I just aim low with the spear...

"Recipro..."

Huh?

"Burst!"

Iida went full speed out of the smokescreen, immediately coming behind me, "WHAT?" I shouted, turning around and changing the form of the spear into a ball of energy. I was about to squeeze it in front of him to create an explosion, but before I knew it he grabbed onto my shoulders and pushed me out of bounds.

"(y/n)-san is out of bounds! Iida wins!"

An irk appeared on my head, "TENYA IIDA!"

He bowed in front of me, "You shouldn't think too much with your next move! Sorry, (y/n)-san!"

I gritted my teeth together, walking off the stage.

---★---

My hands were clenched in fists walking into the stadium. That was such a dirty move!!

"Oi!! (y/n)-chan!!"

I looked up, slightly irritated still to see Mina was skipping towards me, "That was an interesting match, but yikes Iida..."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me about it!!"

She laughed, giving me a thumbs up, "I'll make it to the finals and win for you!"

I nodded at her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Get him and his tree trunks good,"

She blinked and burst out laughing, "WAHA?? TREE TRUNKS?? STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH!!"