LXXV: New Room

A/N: Credit to the rightful owner for the picture used!

★——————★——————★——————★——————★——————★

Aizawa's POV

School started back up two days ago, which meant I had to go back to being a homeroom teacher. I sighed out of my nose thinking about it.

These days have been hectic... Honestly, I thought it would calm down after a few weeks but... The media are actually roaches trying to get information from the students and staff and the whole system with the installation of the dorms. 

I sighed again, walking into the hospital. I really should take a second to chill. I've been sighing too much. Then again... two days. Two more days left for me to finish dressing her form room up and putting the finishing touches on it. Dealing with paperwork, dealing with these kids, and--

"Erasure head?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts, "Oh, doctor, hello,"

He walked towards me, waving, "Hello. I have great news for you regarding your daughter. Nurse Airi and a few of the others have been working on (y/n)'s memorization. Progression has been outstanding and I think her skills are surprisingly better than they were before the accident. Weird right? Haha. She's making great progress ever since she woke up a few days ago. However, when she for her ophthalmology appointment today..." he coughed.

I blinked, "What happened?"

"The ophthalmologist was checking to see if there was any improvement and to do that she had to remove the bandages. As expected, her right eye is still swollen, but it has reduced," he shifted his gaze away from mine, rubbing the back of his neck, "Still bruising and discoloration but there was a small accident during the appointment,"

Huh? Accident? How?

He cleared his throat and continued, "When the ophthalmologist turned away to prepare to clean the area, started to panic and jumped out of the chair, stumbling to the door where the mirror was. She was frightened about having little to no vision in her right eye and I'm assuming her panicking made her go into a state of hyperventilation and remembered small details of the accident. Nurse Airi had to come in and strain her until we were able to give her medication to calm down. After some time, the ophthalmologist has a gut feeling that she may suffer from partial blindness in her eye and if i'm not wrong this will have an effect on her quirks, correct?"

I nodded, "Like me, she does use her sight as a way to use her quirk but in her case, it's to determine the colors and contrasts..."

"I see. Well, not all hope is lost. It depends on her healing time. You must remember that it hasn't been even a month since the surgery and healing takes a while depending on the person. Also, I want you and those around her to keep an eye on her mental state. If she has panic attacks like that it'd be best to set up an appointment later if she starts to remember the bad things... I have a feeling it could lead to some possible mental illnesses like PTSD or--,"

"You don't have to continue. Whatever you think it right, we'll go by your word," I interrupted him.

He chuckled, "So the media was wrong,"

"Huh?"

He waved his hand in his face, "You're not the stern, miserable person they say you are, but then again it could just be because she is your daughter, haha. Alright then. If you could, keep in touch with Nurse Airi on her progress. For now, (y/n) is in her room playing one of the many memory games right now. Make sure she takes it easy. She's slightly off-balanced because of everything that's been happening and adjusting will take time,"