Chapter Three

Chapter Three | What Are They?

"Finally, I'm free!" I said on the phone with Josef-Emanuel as I walked out of Buckingham Palace towards my car.

Josef-Emanuel laughs.

"Was dinner that bad?" Josef-Emanuel asked.

"You have no idea. It was mostly about Meghan and Harry and their media drama." I answered.

I glanced next to me to see William and Catherine starring at me. But now they were grinning at me.

Why?

"Is there a reason you two are grinning at me like that?" I asked, as I move the phone away from my ear.

"You're talking to JE aren't you?" Catherine asked.

"Yeah, so he's my best friend." I answered.

"Sure he is." William said laughing.

"William." I said gently smacking him.

"What?" William asked.

"You guys do this every time I come around. It's very childish at this point." I answered.

"Hello?" Josef-Emanuel asked on the phone.

I place the phone back near my ear.

"Sorry, William is bothering me again." I answered as William made kissing noises and walked away to get in his car with Catherine.

"Are they still thinking we're more than best friends?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Are you still coming out tonight with me?" He asked.

"Of course, I just need to back to my apartment and change my clothes then I'll be there." I answered.

"Okay, see you soon then." He said.

"Okay, bye." I said, hanging up.

I went home which is St James Palace and quickly walked up the stairs and into my apartment. I walked to my bedroom and slowly I headed to my walk-in closet and rummaged through my clothes deciding what I should wear.

I slipped on a skintight pink floral dress with a thigh-high split. I even applied some light makeup and brushed my hair. I headed to my bed where I slipped on my black strappy heels.

Grabbing my purse, I slipped my phone into it before heading down the stairs.

I made my way into the garage and climbed into my Range Rover. I shifted into gear and took off into the night. It was almost eleven o'clock. I punched into gear driving the posted street limit toward Drama nightclub.

Once I arrived at Drama. I parked my car and headed towards the door. I dashed through the paparazzi as I quickly as I could so I get inside.

Once I made it inside, I walked over to the table that Josef-Emanuel booked for us.

"Bridget!" Josef-Emanuel exclaimed. "Hey beautiful." Josef-Emanuel said smiling as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, Josef, how much have you had to drink?" I asked him.

"None, I was waiting for you to arrive." Josef-Emanuel answered as his smile faded when he looked at my face.

"What?" I asked confused.

Gently Josef-Emanuel brushed my hair away from my cheek as he gently caressed my cheek.

"You haven't been sleeping." He answered.

"What? Yes, I have." I said.

"You're lying." He said.

"No, I'm not. Now, let's party!" I exclaimed as I got up and pulled him to the dance floor.

||||||

"My feet hurts." I said as I removed my heels as we got out of the car.

"Hop on." Josef-Emanuel said.

I climbed onto Josef-Emanuel's back as he carried me up the stairs. His shoulders and arms were so strong and muscular. As we reached the top of the stairs a very flustered Beatrice and Edoardo were walking toward us.

"Hey Bridget." Beatrice said smiling.

She was smiling at the fact that Josef was carrying me.

"You two looked very flustered." I said.

"You two look very drunk." Beatrice said.

"That's because we are." Josef-Emanuel said as he gently placed me on the ground as we headed to my apartment.

I unlock my apartment door and head to my bedroom.

"Goodnight." I told Josef-Emanuel as he heads to the guest bedroom.

Back in my room, I'm getting ready for bed when there's a knock at my door. I answer it.

"Josef. Hey!" I said.

"The guest room is cold. Can I sleep in your bed?" He asked as I opened the door wider to let him in.

"Sure." I answered.

||||||

"Bridget!" Eugenie exclaimed

"Why are they bed together?" Andrew asked.

"Pa! Don't!" Beatrice exclaimed as Andrew moved towards the bed and pulls Josef away from Bridget.

"Ha!!" Josef yelled as Bridget jumps up and find her father on top of Josef.

"Pa! What are you doing?" Bridget asked as she jumps out of bed and helps Beatrice and Eugenie remove their father off of Josef.

"Bridget, why is he in bed with you?" Andrew asked.

"Because he was drunk so I let him sleep in my bed. Nothing happened." Bridget answered.

"I swear I would never take advantage of Bridget, sir." Andrew said.

Andrew glares one last time as Josef before leaving the room.

"Bridget, what is going on between you two?" Eugenie asked.

"Nothing, we're just friends." Bridget answered.

"The way you two were cuddled up with each other...friends don't do that." Beatrice said.

"Beatrice, let's not make a big deal out of this." Josef said.