06. Love Thy Woman

cast

Althea Palmer[Jordan Craig]July 21, 1991 (age 28 years), Los Angeles, CAAlthea Keshia PalmerPrincess Althea is an American-Dutch royal who is the wife of King Prince Hendrik

Althea Palmer
[Jordan Craig]
July 21, 1991 (age 28 years), Los Angeles, CA
Althea Keshia Palmer
Princess Althea is an American-Dutch royal who is the wife of King Prince Hendrik. Her husband, Prince Hendrik, Prince of Orange, is expected to become king of the Netherlands, making Althea a likely future queen consort.
By a decree issued on 25 December 2019, upon the solemnization of marriage, Althea Keshia was granted the titles Princess of the Netherlands and Princess of Orange-Nassau, and the style Royal Highness was formally conferred upon her. She also became "mevrouw van Amsberg (Mrs. van Amsberg)".
Another decree issued on the same day also granted her own personal coat of arms and a personal standard.
•20 January 2020– present: Her Royal Highness Princess Althea of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Mrs. van Amsberg

Hendrik, Prince of Orange[Michiel Huisman]1 December 1991 (age 28 years)HMC Bronovo, The Hague, NetherlandsHendrik Karel Claus George JohanHendrik, Prince of Orange is the heir apparent to the throne of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, consisting o...

[Michiel Huisman]
1 December 1991 (age 28 years)
HMC Bronovo, The Hague, Netherlands
Hendrik Karel Claus George Johan
Hendrik, Prince of Orange is the heir apparent to the throne of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, consisting of the countries of the Netherlands, Curaçao, Aruba, and Sint Maarten.
Prince Hendrik is the eldest child of King Willem-Alexander. He became heir apparent when his father ascended the throne on 30 April 2013.
•1 December 1991 – 30 April 2013: His Royal Highness Prince Hendrik of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau
•30 April 2013 – present: His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau
As heir apparent he is also the Prince of Orange. This title is substantive and used without his name.

——

Engagement of Hendrik and Althea

On 30 March 2019 the engagement of Crown Prince Hendrik and Althea Keshia was announced at 18:00 during a live broadcast for television and radio. A happy King Willem-Alexander announced the good news with the words: 'it is for my wife and I a great joy to announce the engagement of our son Hendrik to Althea Keshia.

The King added that he had gotten to know Althea as an intelligent and modern woman, courageous and loyal to those that she holds dear. The king ended her speech with the words:'we rejoice in their happiness'. After Willem-Alexander it was the turn of Queen Máxima to add a few words 'as pater familias'. The Queen praised Althea's loyalty and passion for others. After more words by the engaged couple the four hugged and kissed each other in front of the camera.

During the press conference the atmosphere changed. Althea was able to charm her way into the hearts of the public right away. Most Dutch were happy with the choice of the crown prince.

——

Before they were royal: The life of Althea of the Netherlands

Born as Althea Keshia Palmer on July 21, 1991, the future queen is the daughter of American business magnate, investor, philanthropist, and political donor, Michael Palmer and Afro-Jamaican and Asian American philanthropist and doctor, Janet Parrish.

Althea earned B.A. degrees in both English and Psychology from Yale University in 2015.

Althea started a successful career in public relations at Landis Communications Inc.

Multilingual, her ability to speak several languages (English, Spanish, Jamaican Patois, Mandarin and French) was very beneficial during her career. She would go on to become fluent in Dutch after meeting Hendrik.

Althea met Hendrik, The Prince of Orange, in June 2012 during a lunch with mutual friends in Miami, Florida.

——

Hendrik & Althea : A Royal Love Story

Prince Hendrik courts Althea Palmer, leading to their wedding.

Started | 1 September 2019
Published | 2 September 2019
Completed |

A Dutch Royal Fanfiction