Chapter Two

Chapter Two | June of 2018/2019

June 2018

Trooping the Colour 2018: Camilla, Karisa and Catherine beam as they watch on for Charles and Wills

Princess Karisa of Wales looked radiant as as she arrived at the Trooping the Colour parade, marking the Queen's official birthday. Riding alongside in a horse-drawn carriage alongside mother, the Duchess of Cornwall and sister in law, the Duchess of Cambridge arrived for Horseguard's Parade, where the ceremony is taking place, before taking her place on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

The trio wearing pale blue, Camilla, Karisa and Catherine were smiled and waved to the crowds as they arrived in an Ascot Landau carriage.

Catherine wore a dress by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Juliette Botterill.

Camilla wore a pale blue silk dress and coat by Bruce Oldfield and a hat by Philip Treacy.

Karisa wore an eye-catching pale blue dress for the Trooping the Colour celebrations. It's a custom piece by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Philip Treacy. Karisa's dress is the same version that Catherine wore at Trooping the Colour celebrations but in an eye-catching pink.

Karisa and Catherine are said to be close as Catherine has taken Karisa under her wing when the young girl joined the Royal Family.

So it would make sense that Catherine has influence on her wardrobe.

*

HRH the Prince of Wales and HRH Princess Karisa of Wales visits Degree Show 2018

The 'PFSTA' specialises in teaching, researching and promoting the practice and theory of the arts and crafts of the world's great traditions. Founded by The Prince of Wales in 2004, the school offers practising artists the opportunity to undertake research at the highest level with post-graduate degrees validated by the University of Wales and University of Wales Trinity St David. (Photo by Jeff Spicer-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

We were delighted to host our founder and patron, HRH the Prince of Wales and HRH Princess Karisa of Wales on Wednesday 27 June. The Prince and Princess toured the Degree Show exhibition and spoke extensively with the individual exhibiting students. He then awarded the School's annual prizes for student excellence. The award recipients are:

Ciclitira Prize - Fangfang Liu

Kairos Prize - Yasmin Hayat Maksousa & Zeynep Iqbal

His speech on the occasion can be read in full below.

It is a matter of the greatest pride that my School brings people together from all over the world and this can be seen in the immense variety of artwork from different traditions that are on display here today.

*

June 2019

"I do not have to meet the President of the United States and the First Lady, correct?" I asked as my father as his secretary went over the agenda for the United States state visit.

"No, Karisa if you do not want to." Father answered.

"Okay." I said.

"But you must attend the dinner at the ambassador's residence." The secretary said.

"Very well." I said.