Gin

Gus stayed until long after the sun went down. Austin joined us while Margot stayed with Molly and it felt good for us to be together again. Us four lingered on the wicker chairs on the patio, laughing and eating whatever Celia dropped in front of us. I tried not to cry throughout the day and the boys did a good job of distracting me. Every time my thoughts lingered on the trauma, Gus or Ryan would bring up a new topic. Gus was finally filled in on everything that happened with Kit since it was too hard to dodge the topic and Gus had no intention of leaving. He kept looking at me like I was a wounded animal, the pity stare I was going to have to endure while this trial stayed a circus.

I refused to turn my phone over all day. Everyone I wanted to talk to was here, so I let my phone buzz throughout the day. Gus, with a little too much enthusiasm, let Annabeth know that he was going to be with me for the day. That I needed a friend and if she'd been a better one, she'd know why. I stayed out of it. I still wasn't sure if it was a good idea to have Ryan get Gus her phone records. If I had been in communication with her these last few weeks, I would feel more confident texting her and demanding to know if she's talking to other guys. But I am currently not that brave. 

She also clearly still has beef with me since she didn't even tell me about the baptism next weekend. I have been the one to text and call, so she needs to be the one to extend the olive branch. I've tried and I still haven't heard why she is suddenly ghosting me.

After the sun dipped below the treeline, Austin wandered into our father's liquor cabinet. After a quick google search, I told him I could partake in the alcohol. He grabbed me a bottle of wine and I didn't even try to be civilized. Ryan yanked the cork out and I drank straight from the dark bottle. They all warned me that I hadn't drank in a couple of weeks, so I needed to take it easy. 

It took less than half the bottle before I was past buzzed and Ryan slipped the bottle from my fingers. He reminded me that I was still recovering and Austin almost stepped in when I snapped back about not being able to forget. I realized I did not need to be the mean drunk tonight. We were both going through it, so I needed to remember he had my best interests at heart.

We all had different reasons to toast each other and even after my alcohol was taken away, the boys tossed back gin as their way of dealing with life. Gus spilled more details about living in hell with Annabeth and after a while, we made a pact to stop talking about Rory, Kit, and Annabeth.

"Should we go steal a chicken again?" Gus asks, his eyes drooping, looking off toward our stables.

"Is that the last time we were this drunk together?" Austin asks and I shake my head, "I wasn't that drunk that night. I remember Gus screaming like a little girl."

"I'd like to see what y'all would do when faced with a demon bird," Gus shoots back and I don't want the dares to start or we'll end up back at the Hallahan's. I look to Ryan, "I think that was the first night we hung out."

"That was I think, when I told Ryan you were off limits and he gave me some bullshit about not worrying," Austin confesses and I didn't know that. I knew he had told him that, but I didn't know it was that night.

"Oh yeah, Ryan was already makin' eyes at Sawyer. It pissed me off," Gus then confesses and I didn't know that either.

"I was not. I stayed neutral until she launched herself at me," Ryan snaps back and I roll my eyes at him.

"I hardly launched myself at you," I joke but they all look to me, knowing I was the instigator of our relationship. I hold a finger up and add, "Ryan kissed me in the woods. He technically made the first move. And then he launched himself at me on the roof."

"You told me she instigated it," Austin tells Ryan, wondering now what the truth is.

"She did instigate it. She was always half naked on the roof, drinking wine, battin' eyelashes at me. I may have kissed her, but she's the one that suggested...you know..." Ryan says with a smirk.