Alliance

The champagne suddenly goes sour in my stomach. I try and keep my face neutral but Ryan already caught my wince. I attempt to keep his focus to me but he quickly turns around to see what made me flinch. He immediately spots Sebastian and when he turns around I reach my hand out to the chair next to me to retrieve my purse. Ryan's hand shoots out and stops mine from gripping onto the strap, "If we leave now they will have the power. This case could get ugly and we need to show them we aren't scared to pursue it."

I pull my arm back but I wish to be anywhere else. I thought I had left Sebastian behind me forever. I didn't think our paths would ever find a reason to cross.

"So he was chummy with the Cunninghams all along. What a crock of shit he was feeding me," I snap as I reach for my flute.

"I don't want to say I told you so..." Ryan mutters and before I pull the flute to my lips I bite back, "Then don't." I catch the pack of eyes now staring from the bar and as much as I tried to ignore it, I flit my eyes to the back of the restaurant. Sebastian immediately finds me, while huddled close to Dot and I watch as he pulls away from her. I glance back to Ryan and quietly mumble, "Incoming."

Sebastian strides up to the table, looking as English and as dashing as ever with his navy crew-neck tee paired with flattering tailored gray jeans. His blonde hair is swept off his handsome face but I can't read his amused expression. I can't tell if he's coming over to be an ass or not.

"Sawyer..." Sebastian says charmingly and then his eyes land on Ryan. He gives a small shake of his head and looks back to me while the charm slides off his face, "You always said I had nothing to worry about. Guess there was a good reason I didn't believe you."

I let out a laugh, "That's good coming from you. Who is that you're visiting over there?" I ask with an eyeroll and add, "Never thought I had to worry about Dot Cunningham, but while you were in with Rory, why not get in with the whole family?"

"Dot is an old friend," Sebastian clarifies.

"Yes and Rory is still a business partner I assume? Rape doesn't put you off?" I ask innocently but I watch him scowl.

"I'm not condoning any of Rory's actions Sawyer," he says with a snap.

"Then why come running from Singapore as soon as he's arrested? Offering your support to the Cunninghams obviously," I tell him while glancing back to the Irish siblings as they watch us from afar.

"Yes, I came to see how deep he's in it," Sebastian replies and this time Ryan responds, "Up to his eyeballs." Sebastian finally shifts his gaze from me to Ryan and all his light and airy attitude is gone. I can now feel his hatred directed at Ryan.

"Special Agent Hart," Sebastian seethes. "Can I assume you're the one that got Theo to turn in his oldest friend?"

Ryan shakes his head, "I was in New York when the plane was grounded. It was actually Molly Hamilton that swayed Theo to do the right thing."

"Molly?" Sebastian asks, dumbfounded by the revelation.

"Yes, apparently I'm not the only one Rory has gotten rough with," I tell Sebastian and I watch as he clenches his jaw. "I may not have been reason enough to cut ties with the Cunninghams, but maybe Molly's testimony will finally sway you." I lock eyes with Sebastian while he stays silent for a moment. His arms are folded across his lean chest but because he is standing while we remain seated he still seems in the power position. A smirk quickly comes back over his face as his eyes move from mine to the sparkle coming off the ring on the hand that is currently holding my champagne flute.

"If that wasn't champagne, I'd ask if you were pregnant," Sebastian mocks, changing the tone of the conversation. "Apparently a lot can happen in a month."