"Oh yeah, my mother said Scarlett was going with Jackson," I tell him and he nods. 

"Half of Hollis was there and I can tell you nobody was prepared for the rape and battery charges. They were there simply because they were nosey about the biggest spectacle Hollis has been a part of," Gus says and he reaches for another muffin. 

"So everyone now knows," I ask and Gus nods. 

"And Rory plead not guilty to all of the charges thrown at him," Gus says. Ryan and I look to each other, but I don't know if either of us is shocked. "Then the scary lawyer told the judge that he's a flight risk and that his family was already intimidating witnesses. That's when I noticed the Irish twins weren't there and the Judge denied bail."

"Dot and Kit weren't there?" I ask and Gus shakes his head. 

"So this is going to trial then?" Ryan asks and I suddenly want to throw up again. Having everyone know I charged Rory with attempted rape is one thing. Having them hear the details and dissect every word for gossip is another. 

"Austin says he'll get deported. He's convinced the Cunninghams will make sure a trial doesn't happen," Gus tells us and he's probably right. I won't be surprised if he somehow manages to slip out of this. 

"I don't know enough of the law to say one way or another," I confess as I reach for a muffin. I wasn't sure what outcome I wanted. Ryan reluctantly looks at his phone and I watch as he scrolls through new notifications. He looks to me and says, "Austin is coming by."

Gus then reaches for his phone but I am too scared to look at mine. Gus looks surprised at something and then says, "Someone got to A.B. She already knows what happened and I haven't even told her yet."

"Who does she talk to that was at the courthouse today?" I ask in surprise. I realize we haven't been stuck at the hip in a couple months now, so I don't know who else she's hanging with these days. 

"No idea," Gus replies. "She's been real shady with her phone lately. She's talking to someone she shouldn't be."

"Another guy?" I ask but he shrugs, "Would I be an asshat if I said I wouldn't care if she was talkin' to some guy?" Hmm...something else I am not sure how to feel about. 

"Austin did see her at Wade's the other day, picking up cupcakes I think he said. I guess she tried to dodge him," I tell him, hoping I am not instigating. 

"The other day? I didn't even know that woman has been leaving the house," he tells me in surprise. He doesn't seem angry, just genuinely surprised. 

"You can't possibly suggest that she's cheating right? You guys just had a baby like what...a month ago?" Ryan asks, probably wondering who else would possibly take on Annabeth Matthews. 

"Maybe I should hire your services Ry guy. Get a P.I on the case. Tail her, let me know if she's up to no good," Gus replies but I don't know if he's joking. Ryan can't either so he says, "Yeah, my last job as a P.I was supposed to be a piece of cake and it ended up being a flaming hot turd."

Gus and I laugh, but I know Ryan won't confide in Gus. He'll have to find out about Garrett if LulaBelle decides to spread the news- which I doubt will happen. 

"I might have to think about this though. If she's having an affair I can just wait this out. She'll be the bad guy if she leaves me and I won't have to pay her a dime," he says, the disgust still clearly there. 

"Well, child support Gus," I tell him but he waves me away, "My son will always be provided for." He then looks to Ryan and says, "What would you say if I asked to hire you?

Ryan then looks to me with a mixture of hesitancy and confusion, "This is Annabeth."

"Even more reason to keep the secrets in the family," Gus tells him. 

"Are you being serious? You'd really want me to dig into her?" Ryan asks, still not convinced that it's ethical. 

"Maybe get me her phone records. Is it too C.I.A to get me her messages?" Gus asks and Ryan shrugs. 

"What kind of phone does she have?"

"An iPhone," Gus replies and Ryan thinks it over again. 

"This is going to get me into the middle of something. If she finds out I hacked her phone..." Ryan starts but Gus stops him. 

"If there is nothing to find, there will never be a need to bring it up to her," Gus tells us. 

"And if Ryan does find something," I ask him. Gus looks between us as he thinks about what he's asking Ryan to do. 

"Fine, what if you just tell me how to hack into her shit? I can do the Nancy Drew work if you want to stay out of it," Gus offers but Ryan still doesn't seem convinced. "Or I can just go ask your brother. You know he'll help me dig up dirt." At that, he's got a point. Austin would definitely help Gus take out Annabeth. 

"If you can get me cloud details, or anything else connected to her phone I can help you, Gus. But if we do find anything, my name will be kept out of this," Ryan sternly tells Gus. He then looks to me, "You're staying out of this too. It's none of your business unless Gus confides in you himself." I put my hands up in surrender and Gus looks pleased. As Celia comes out to drop the French press in front of him he replies, "I knew it was going to come in handy to have a James Bond in the family."

"I think he's more of a Poirot. Using his little gray cells to put puzzles together," I reply as I reach for the sugar. 

"My little gray cells are going to give me an aneurysm," Ryan mumbles as he fills up his cup.