one

Hey y'all I love that Damiar n Kai are at playlist two hours away from me n I can't see them 🤠 <<THAT WAS WRITTEN DURING PLAYLIST OKAY I KNOW ITS NOT PLAYLIST ANYMORE BC IM PUBLISHING THIS AFTER BUT SHH
_________________

I stood at the front counter next to my best friend Kai as he stuffed his face with a donut. "Kai what the fuck? Sharing is caring you know." I took part of the donut and took a bite.

"Well I don't care-"

"Rude."

A ring from the bell ring from the front of the café as a tall guy with black hair walked in. Kai finished his donut and spoke.

"Hey Damiar." I heard him say as I walked to the back.

"My shift is over Kai. You deal with this one." I saw him roll his eyes out of the corner of my eye. I took off my apron and stuffed it in my bag. I listened to them talking through the door.

"She's pretty, you're a lucky guy."

"It's not like we're dating or anything." I laughed quietly at the boys' bickering. I changed out of my work shoes and into the black vans I brought with me. I sprinkled some water on my face to freshen up a bit and then walked through the door to where the boys were.

"Hey, you talking about me?!"

"Mhm," Kai hummed while getting a drink for the black haired guy.

"Oh. Welllll, what's so special about little ol' me?" I joked as I leaned my head on my hand resting on the counter.

"Nothing" He joked back. The other guy just stared down at the green countertop in silence.

"You okay there bud?" I asked him and he looked up as Kai slid his drink over the counter to him.

"Of course," he smiled kindly and I smiled aback and walked out from behind the counter.

"Bye Kai! Bye other guy!" I said walking backwards to the door and waving at them.

"It's Damiar. Bye!"

"Wait, you're my ride! Just wait five minutes!" Kai yelled, hurriedly inserting money into the cash register.

"Nahh" I said walking out. Of course I was gonna wait for him. I don't actually hate him, we just mess with each other a lot.

I peeked through the long glass window and watched as Kai rushed to wipe down the countertops. I was about to go in to help him when Damiar came out and bumped into me.

"Oh! Sorry, didn't see ya there." I said awkwardly.

"It's fine. At least I didn't spill my drink on us." He smiled at me and walked past me to his car. I went back inside Starbucks and behind the counter. I took the rag from Kai and lightly pushed him into the back room.

"Hurry up!" I said wiping down the counters. I looked at the clock as I heard another ringing sound from the front of the Starbucks. Aviva walked in with her bag.

"Aviva,"I dragged out every letter in her name,"where's your apron?" "I-I think I have it?" She set her bag down on one of the tables and started searching through it.

I walked to the back of the building to where Kai was. He put on a pair of slip on black and gray checkered vans and grabbed onto me so he wouldn't fall. "Almost done?" He nodded and he finished and we walked out. We were met with Aviva standing behind the counter with her apron and work shoes on.

I held up my hand and she gave me a high five. Me and Kai clocked out and said bye to Aviva and went on our way to my apartment. Kai decided he wanted to stay for a bit then go home later.