Chapter 13 - D.I.D?

Sept 6, 2017

2.15 am, Cancun, Mexico

"I help." Maria says as she stands by the office door, "I save my son."

"Sweetie, believe in us." Wave says as she touches Maria's shoulder, "This is what we do. Help us by keeping everyone else calm. We will save your son if we can. Okay?"

Maria nods then runs off.

Wave breathes out in relief.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Hurried shouts in Spanish follow the banging on the main exit.

Wave scans the monitor to see 4 guards banging at the main entrance. She also checks on Shade, who is crouching beside the main exit. Shade has a handgun in her left hand and a knife in her right hand. Wave dims the lights for the women's prison.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Showtime," Wave tells herself as she pushes the button that unlocks the main door.

The door slides open with a mechanical clanking. Three guards rush into a dark prison to find no flames and no guards.

"Bernado?" The guard in the lead asks aloud.

The doors shut behind them, purging everything into darkness.

"ARGH!!" The guard closest to the door shouts as he is suddenly stabbed from behind.

Shade shoves the impaled guard into the one in front as she simultaneously shoots the leader of the pack.

Gunpowder flashes in the darkness.

BANG! BANG!

BANG! BANG!

THUD!

The body of the lead guard collapses. The stabbed guard is also shot. The middle guard struggles in the dark to locate his attacker. His slow reaction earns him two bullet holes.

BANG! BANG!

All the guards lie dead in a pool of their own blood from two bullets to each of their heads.

"As usual, she didn't need my help." Wave says as she examines the dark monitors, her hand still resting on a handgun.

Wave looks at the screen showing a guard right outside the exit. The poor bloke is panickedly attempting to call for help.

"That should leave 4 for the blokes." Wave says then shouts, "One outside."

"Open." Shade says.

Wave obliges by pressing the button that slides open the door. She watches the panicked guard on the screen raise his AK47 rifle at the mechanical door only to point at the darkness. He stands confused with trembling hands. A knife flies past his head. He turns his head to follow. Suddenly, he falls backward as two bullets enter his skull. He slumps down against the wall. Shade's figure emerges from the darkness. She lumbers over the corpse with a red trail that stains the grey wall. She then takes up position against the closed entrance to the men's prison.

"Gnarly." Wave says to herself.

Wave turns on the prison lights. This shows the full gory scene of dead bodies in the middle of the hallway. A testament to Shade's lethal effectiveness in battle which was only bested by Fire.

"Crikey! That's a mess." Wave notes.

ARGH!!!

Suddenly, a pain-filled scream roars through the prison. Wave grabs an AK47 rifle and dashes out of the office towards the exit, leaving the computer that reads 2.27 am.