CHAPTER 73~Lots Of Running & Fear To Be Honest...

" CODE ORANGE! CODE ORANGE! AIR RAID! THEY FOUND US!!" somebody screams. More screams follow. After last time I don't want to be on the boat, they'll kill us within seconds. I don't think, I just run. I run straight into the canopy of the dense jungle. All I can think, hear and feel, is fear.

"INTO THE JUNGLE! HURRY!" I scream. Crowds of people follow me and I almost wish that they didn't, because if we get trapped, or caught, or worse, I told them to come this way. I can't think of that now. I don't have time, I might never have the time for it, but now is certainly not the time. I can hear the rotors spinning, they are close.

We all keep running, herded like sheep by fear. The bushes rustle around me as I run, and I ran into three different people and two trees. We all run like wild animals with nowhere to run to, but plenty to run from. That's when I get an idea.

"Follow me!" I cry out into the air and everyone seems to turn towards me as we run. I sprint towards the hole that leads into the underground hospital. There is about eight yards of unsheltered space between the jungle and the hole in the side of the hill and I hold my breath as I cross it. Everyone follows and one by one, everyone climbs into the hole. The flow of people is still moving when the shooting starts. We all duck as if that will prevent us from being hit. When nobody else is within sight we all asume nobody is else coming. I start tipping a bookshelf over the hole. Soon I get maybe nine or ten people helping me and the book case falls over with just enough room for anyone else to squeeze through to the sanctuary behind it. We all back away at the pings of bullets bounce off the metal back to the bookcase and thumps of bullets hitting dirt. Someone turns on a switch and we are relieved with the low lighting of nearly burnt out electrical lights. I find Coral and then together we find Emma. I don't see Faiths mop of white curls anywhere. I hope for the best. I don't see Lilly either.

"We need to find a way out of here!" I whisper into Coral and Emmas ears and we push our way to the back of the room and through a doorway. We keep going and end up back where we started. The entire complex is a circle. We head back to the least crowded room and stay there. We are trapped in a building with no way out without getting shot. We were too quick to go into hiding and lost any fighting chance we might have once had. Emma slumps to the ground. Coral squats next to her and I lean against the wall, but the wall is not a wall. I slide right through, its gel! A dimly lit hallway stretches out behind me. The sounds through the wall are faint as if miles away. A slight wind is whistling through the tunnel.I step back through the false wall.

"Hey guys, I might have just found our way out!" I say.