CHAPTER 8~The Plan

We both stared at it. I then stuffed it between my sleeping mat and the cardboard underneath it. It's more important now than ever to survive because there is more hope than the rebellion could ever grant me, could ever grant us.

I told her to only tell people who she knows we can trust. I would try to work hard enough to get wood so we can make a boat, but we will be in our 80's by then if we do this alone.

We'll need a lot more supplies. We will be crossing the ocean to Australia, so we will need survivors. We will need multiple boats to make it there in case some sink, so we will need builders. We will need more food than we can legally gather, so we will need thieves. We will need people who can navigate, so that leaves us with basically nobody but rebels. We will need to know what to eat and not to eat, so we will need multiple botinest. We will need at least one person who can copy the map exactly. We will leave a few copies of the map with people we can trust. We will make it to Australia,despite the dangers. We just have to.

So I go to work and Coral goes looking for people to join. I know who I can trust and I get six members onboard by the end of the day. One is a drawer and came to my container to copy the map over. He had the brilliant idea to laminate the maps to protect them from the moist air. Why didn't I think of that? Either way, brilliant! Now we have some more things that we will need, plastic - easy to find-, a person who can work a laminator who will not betray us-also should be easy to find- and, a laminator-not so easy to find- that the royals and Keepers don't have dibs on -almost impossible. Yah, that one we might have to make ourselves. I'll ask at school.