CHAPTER 31~Slightly Upset

I walk outside. Emily has a boy stringing her hammock up tighter and higher off the ground. I walk over, I reach them and I say bluntly,

"You do know she is capable of doing that herself, right?" Still ticked off about the whole deal with Kadek.

He stops and turns to me. He is maybe 6 feet tall, maybe 6 and a half. He leans over me and looks me up and down, mostly down, and looks back at Emily.

"Is this person bothering you? I'm sure I could get it to rub your feet for you, since they hurt from finding an abandoned village." He says loudly. Emily looks at her feet. I'm about to blow my cap.

"First of all, I found the abandoned village, not to mention the boy, with my friend Coral, second, Emily hasn't gotten out of bed since the last meal they refused to bring her on the boat, and finally, did you just call me an 'it'? You are so going to regret that pretty boy. Are you ready? "I snap at him. He withdraws for a second, looking at Emily confused.

"Am I ready for what,"He starts, but I cut him off with a good old punch to the kisser. He was hit so hard he falls backward. He hits the ground hard. He gets up a moment later and runs away with his tail between his legs, clutching his jaw.

"Thanks, now I have to go flirt with someone else so they will do stuff for me." Emily moans. I give her a look. Is she serious?

"Why not do 'stuff 'yourself?" I question her.

"Cause I don't want to." She snapped back all sassy like. I sigh and walk over to her. I spent all night helping her with a personal area with enough sun, but not too much sun. Enough shade but not too much. High enough off the ground to be safe from the tide and lazy crocodiles, but low enough to still get into. About 3:00 in the morning, we finished. Even Emily had actually worked hard this time. Good for her. I try to help her into her comfortable hammock, but instead she walks to the boat, and walks to our cabin to go to sleep. I soon follow her. My bed has never been so soft.