|70| ~Captured By Him~

Start from the beginning

Embry's POV.

The sun is shining through the blinds as I open my eyes. The delicious scent of spiced mulberry clings to my body like a second skin. Images of last night dance gracefully across my memory as I stretch out my arm in search of him. Cyrus. He's right here.

*Last Night*

We are one... Finally. Officially bonded as one for the rest of eternity and I don't know about him but I for one feel blissfully sweet. I'm finally at peace.

We are finally at peace. I can feel the strength of our bond to the very bone, settling in my very core. I can feel his essence in my soul.

Cyrus is my soul.

We've arrived at yet another one of Cyrus dream-like cabin styled houses just before dawn and I must admit that this one is my favorite so far.

It is a modern cabin style home surrounded by a series of rapid flowing waterfalls and according to Cyrus, it sits in an area 14 miles upstream from the vampires capital Washington, D.C. in a small town by the name of Great Falls.

The entire house character is expressed by the connection between interior and exterior spaces. The open floor plan with a higher arched ceiling is to die for as it allows continuing daylight and moonlight to flow freely into the house.

The spacious kitchen with all stainless steel appliances is opened to a country-styled, yet fairly modernized dining area. I found myself in a state of complete awe as Cyrus and I watched the sunrise from the side by side floor-length picture window's, although as Cyrus gave me a brief tour around the house I quickly realized that the window view was just my first encounter with this majestic cabin beauty.

We first entered the living area that hosts the main fireplace located in the center of the living area that serves as a sculptural object, creating a warm and homey sensation that buzzes throughout your body as soon as you step into the room. The cozy beige sofa tossed with light-colored strips fits perfect and I admitted to him that the sitting area was my favorite part of the living room.

We then entered a narrow hallway at the right end of the cabin home which accompanies many other rooms. To begin with, there is a large garden room equipped with an even larger garden window, a private study filled with modernizing vampire technology that I can't even begin to explain, and a massive library that hosts the fresh scent of ancient studies.

The other end of the house is filled with about five empty rooms that Cyrus made it his point to stretch that I can utilize the wonders of my mind to fill.

"You can pick which one that you want to use as your art studio," he expressed. "Or we can knock the walls down and all of the rooms can turn into one if you might wish. It's completely up to you,"

"I'm gonna have art studios in multiple houses all across North American," I stated with a wide smile.

He rewarded me by flashing an award-winning smile of his own before he took my hand and stated...

"And nurseries fit for our future hybrid prince or princess,"

My heart dropped and I found myself stuck in a sort of trance into he wrapped his strong arms around my body and said, "I love you, sunshine,"

"I love you too, Cyrus,"

Then, he stole my breath with a kiss and I remember asking myself how did I ever become so blessed?

*Flash Back Over,*

"Hello, Gorgeous," my mate says as his golden halos fly open, shinning sunshine into my soul.