|63| ~ A Time Long Ago~

Start from the beginning

He used to tell me that every Sunday night before we dive into one of the tasty pies that one of the elder she-wolves sent to us.

For my brother, it was her distinctive wildflower and jasmine blended scent. Ruq was always obsessed with those two flowers to the point that he used to always take a deep whiff is Farrah and I hair. I've never known why into one night when we were younger he sneaked into Farrah and my bedroom, picked me up from out of my bed just to toss me in Farrah's bed and then climbed in the middle of us before taking a deep whiff of our hair.

It was weird and creepy. I remember asking him that night why he did that and he said, "Because it's the only way that I can sleep, Embug. When I lay in the middle of you and Farrah it makes me feel like I'm laying on mom's chest again,"

"The both of your scents together calms me, just like how mom scent used to calm me. The two of you together smell just like mom. I miss her. I miss her scent," he confessed. After that Ruq would lay with us quite often, and I've never got upset about it. That night of Ruq confession was also the first night that I've realized how much my sister missed my mom as well.

Shortly after, Ruq and I conversation I was once again awakened by my sister Farrah, crying her eyes out. That night was also the first and last time that I can recall as a child seeing my sister cry.

"Fair bear," I yearned while wiping my tear boggers away from out of my eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Go back to sleep, Embug," she sniffed, attempting to look anywhere but at me.

"Okay," I remember saying while lying back down, "Just remember that after every rainstorm that passes there is a rainbow,"

"What did you say to me," I remember her asking me with swollen red eyes. I hated seeing my sister cry. During that time in our life, Farrah was the brightest star under sunlight. She was my idol.

"After every rainstorm that passes there is a rainbow," I said to her again as she scooped my tiny frame up from off the bed and then rest my head against her chest.

"Oh, Embug. You're just like mom. She would always know exactly what to say to make me feel better, just like you. I miss her guidance. I miss it so much that it hurts, but as long as I have you. I will always have her. I love you, Embug," she said to me.

"I love you too, Fair bear, so much that it hurts," I admitted because I did and still do. Still to this day, I love all of my family so much that it hurts.

I missed them and I miss her too, my mom.

I know that sounds crazy because I've never met her before but it's true. I do and I can't help but wonder if she would hate me too because of my union with Cyrus like the rest of my family does, just thinking about it makes my eyes begin to water.

"Your mother could never hate you, Embry," Lady Katherine regains my attention, "And I told you to call me Aunt Katherine," she adds in.

"You can hear my thoughts as well?"I ask before wiping my tears away and then turning back around to face her.

Lady Katherine's head goes flying back as sweet harmonious laughter escapes from out of her mouth. She's laughing so hard, I think that she might piss herself if she doesn't stop soon.

"Can I hear your thoughts? " she questions me not even a second later. "Can I hear your thoughts?" She asks yet again. "Honey, I am three thousand six hundred and thirteen years old, I can do way more than just hear your thoughts " she admits, shockingly me yet again.

Wow! Three thousand six hundred and thirteen years olds... And here I was, thinking that I was old. She is as old as dirt, literally. Wow! That is all I can say, wow.