The Day Goes On Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Quit doing all that, you just drawing more attention to yourself. Just breathe and be cool." Candy whispered.

I looked away quickly. He was still looking my way, but focused on the available seat at the end of my row. When he passed my seat he waved at me and sat down.

I turned back around and saw Stacy and Candace giving me a look.

"Alright it looks like everyone is here! Allow me to go over the roster and we will begin." Mrs. King announced regaining the class's attention. I exhaled and sat correctly in my seat only to hear Candy whisper to me. "We will continue this conversation later."

"Welcome to you World Literature course! I'm Mrs.King and I'm really excited to be here with all of you! While this is a required English credit necessary for graduation, This particular class is considered a specialty course and offered to regular and advanced students! This class is here to prepare you for your future after graduation and give you the knowledge necessary for success. Because this class is just for seniors, I have created a course plan tailored to your needs. I know everyone isn't a English fan, but I promise this class will change you mind!" She said projecting her tone perfectly. "Like you, less than 10 years ago I was a senior. One who was tired of school and beyond ready to graduate high school and never look back. Because of this, I promise that I understand where y'all are mentally and don't intend to make your life hell. This class should be pleasurable and while there will be writing involved please remember that it is important to know how to express yourself on paper. This is an art form that will always be appreciated. I promise to devote my time to you and ensure all of you become amazing communicators on paper!"

I could feel myself smiling from ear to ear. Just from her introduction alone I knew this was going to be one of my favorite classes.

Most people couldn't understand my interest in English and swore it was boring. But I always felt with the right teacher it could easily be the most enjoyable class.

The syllabus for the class was straight forward. Her energy to the class was so profound that the awkwardness of the first day quickly melted away. Students actually seemed to listen, and I know I hung on every word myself. I was also surprised to find that she didn't require us to take a lot of notes.  I would write down things she said I felt were important but she didn't require an unreasonable amount of notes. But for preference reasons I love having my notes written descriptively because it really helped my remember the lecture when it was time to study for a exam.

Throughout class, I kept getting this feeling like that I was being stared at. I disregarded it because I was so immersed in the lecture. She finished her presentation a little early. And gave us small creative exercise to work on until class ended. We were allowed to talk amongst ourselves and turn everything before we left. I had already completed the assignment and was now sketching aimlessly in my journal. I knew I would have to face my friends wrath, so I definitely needed something to occupy myself.

"Sooo?" Candace said.

"Hmm. "I responded, shading on the page.

"What's up with you and him? You were trying to hide from him and he's been eying you all day, especially right now. Is there something we're missing? Did he say something to you?"Stacey voice dropped to a whisper.

Wait what?

I turned around and saw him staring directly at me. When our eyes connected he smiled at me . I was just staring at him like an idiot. After awhile he just chuckled at me.

"Take a picture it lasts longer." He said.

I blushed and turned around quickly.

"Interesting."Candace giggled before she got up to turn in her assignment.