"And psychotic." Scarlett mutters.

"Me and Letty were supposed to have a spring wedding. Jovie and Sage were set for a pretty summer ceremony. Drew and Manny, though, they getting the winter wedding we've always known they'd get." Gabe smacks a sloppy kiss to Scar's cheek as Ashton yanks her back.

"But you guys never dated?" Nina asks with a raised brow.

"No, but we did go a while without talking to each other." I offer.

"Two years." Gabe pouts.

"Try four." Jovie complains. "I missed my man and my shot because now I have my own man."

"He's not a man!" Gabe, Aspen, Gentry, Garner, Houston and I shout simultaneously.

Jovie goes back to her food, smacking my side before Aspen replaces her. Ashton makes a show of loving my sister and hitting Gabe.

"I'm going to smell like pumpkin spice all day." Avery whines, running a finger through her stringy hair.

"I'll help you wash it out." Gentry slides to her side and throws an arm around her.

The disgust on her face turns to horror as he winks. "One, you're related to the spawn of satan, so no."

"I take offense to that!" Gabe protests and she flips him off.

"Two, you're 17 and a senior in high school." She removes his arm.

"So is my grade and issue or my age?" He asks. "Because I won't be 17 when the wedding comes around."

Turning as red as the paint on her nails, Avery counts to five before turning to Scarlett. "I'm taking a bath, and I'm using your expensive soap from France."

As she storms off, Easton looks at his girlfriend. "This house is so weird."

You learn to embrace it, my pal.

*****

All day, I've done a grand total of three things. I've watched and played football with three of the best players in the country. I've stolen food from the kitchen when my sister isn't looking. I've texted Chloe.

Sage
What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Looking around the room as I wait for her reply as a swear comes from the kitchen, followed by Ashton's Abuela swearing at him in Spanish. My sister is so going to kill him for finishing the food while she naps.

Chlo-bear
I want to guess yours first... Sweet potatoes.

Sage
Too sweet, I like those a moderate amount.

Chlo-bear
Damn
Um.... Stuffing

Sage
Depends, Scarlett's is good but I prefer-

The message sends before I can erase it.

Chlo-bear
Prefer what?

Taking a deep breath, I respond.

Sage
I preferred my moms, she put extra crispy sausage in hers just for me.

Dad hated it but I loved it so much, she made me my own dish every year and I ate every bite. She'd rub my back and kiss my forehead as I'd lay with her on the sofa, complaining of somehow needing more of it and having a stomach ache at the same time.

Chlo-bear
I'm sorry.
Why don't you ask Scarlett to make it that way?

The thought of asking my already over exhausted sister to make another dish just to please me feels selfish. She'd do it and I'd eat it but...