14 ~ Belong

**MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ CHAPTER 13**

"Scar, why are you awake?"

It's 6:30 on a Wednesday morning, she's usually just waking up. Fully dressed and making breakfast is not a common occurrence so early in the day.

"I've been up since 4:30." She offers, pouring me a cup of coffee.

"Why?" The only person I know who willingly wakes up that early is... "It's your anniversary with Ashton."

"Yes, so I called him and then decided I'd be productive." She grins, wearing the sweatshirt Ashton made for her.

"Well, happy anniversary, sis." I take the cup. "It's sorta weird thinking it's been two years since everything in our life started changing."

Before Ashton we were a little isolated. We talked to no one but Ella and Stella. We did nothing out of fear we'd get in trouble or do something wrong. We weren't living, we were existing.

"It feels like a lifetime." She sighs. "How are you, I feel like it's been too long since we've chatted?"

Choking on my coffee, my palms begin to sweat. Now is the perfect time to tell her. We're alone. She's in a good mood. All good things but I can't ruin her day with worry for me. "I-I'm doing better."

The relief flashes through her eyes, "Good."

"Yeah, I think I'm over it." I say even though I don't believe it and from the purse of her lips, neither does she.

"How are things with Chloe?" She asks, not wanting to push the topic.

"Good. I no longer want to kill her, so I guess that's a bonus." I force a laugh.

"So she's nicer?" She clarifies.

"We just have large personalities." I explain. "It took a second to learn to like each other."

She smiles wistfully, "I remember those days."

The one thing I didn't want to do today is be reminded of how grossly in love she is. "Zayne invited me to go on a trip with his, well now my, friends. I said no because it's when we'll be in Alabama, but I thought it was cool."

"That's awesome." Scarlett smiles. "I'm sorry you can't go but hopefully in the future you can."

"He already said there'd be another trip." I offer, already excited for it.

"Speaking of trips." Scarlett pulls the last waffle out of the waffle maker. "Are you good to stay with being in charge this weekend?"

"Yes, I'm not going anywhere. You, however, are going to have a great weekend and not worry about us." I order. Her anniversary doesn't need any unnecessary distractions.

They both deserve a good weekend.

*****

Walking into school, I hand a waffle to Chloe but she's too focused on her phone to acknowledge me or the food. Looking over her, I notice she's texting someone.

"Is that your lover?" I ask in a hushed tone.

She yelps, jumping back into her locker. "Don't say that word."

"Why?" I laugh. Someone's a little sensitive.

"Because it's icky." She hisses, sounding like a kindergartener.

"Excuse me, is that your physical friend?" I correct myself, enjoying this way too much.

Snatching the food, she glares at me. "That's none of your business."