Chapter 19: "my parents have a tendency to die on me"

Peter and Harry ate together in the dining hall. Peter got chicken with barley and onion. Harry got beef stew with bread.

      During the meal, Peter realizes that Harry is a really nice person. He is polite and he has a good sense of humor. On their way back to their room, Peter asks Harry if he can be his friend. When Harry ruffled his hair and says, of course, Peter said to himself: Mission complete.

      When the two friends got back to their room, there is an envelope with Peter's name on it sitting on the door handle.

      Harry picks up the envelope and hands it over to Peter then opens the door. He walks in, puts his key on the living room tea table and sits down on the left side of the love seat. Peter closed the door behind him then sits down next to Harry.

      Peter opens his letter and starts reading the letter. Instead of looking over Peter's shoulder, Harry asks: "Peter, what does it say?"

      Peter looks up and turns the letter toward Harry, "It's my schedule, professor Connor probably dropped it off while we are out." Since Peter showed the letter to him, Harry decides to take a better look at the letter. Then he realizes something.

      "Peter," Harry says, "we have the same first period, do you want to get breakfast together tomorrow morning and go to class together."

      "Of course," Peter answers without a second thought.

      "And since we have the same fourth period, do you want to go get lunch together after that?"

      "Sure, I would love to."

      After discussing Peter's schedule, the two boys start to hold a casual conversation. Harry was able to tell Peter has an Asgardian background by Peter's accent. To be honest, Peter didn't even notice his accent until Harry points it out. Peter did also explains to Harry that one side of his parents is Asgardian.

      Harry actually has an accent when he says certain words as well. The accent is really light, no one would have noticed if they did not listen carefully. But Peter can not tell the origin of that accent, therefore he asks Harry where he is from.

      Harry seems to be surprised that Peter was able to tell the accent. He explains to Peter he grown up with his dad in no man's land, that's why his common speech can be weird sometimes. Harry seems to know what Peter would ask next; therefore, he also said his mom died before he was old enough to remember anything while looking down.

      Although Harry stated the fact in a way that makes it seems like he is fine with it, something on the back of Peter's head tells him Harry is not fine with it.

      Therefore, Peter puts his hand on Harry's shoulder and tells him: "Harry, it's okay, I am in this with you together, because my parents have a tendency to die on me."

      Harry looks up, there is confusion and puzzled in his eyes, "tendency?" he queries Peter's word.

     "Well," Peter take his hand back, and look up slightly, and try his best to explain himself, " I am adopted by my current parents, because both sides of my birth parents died before I get to know they, and that's why I said 'tendency'." That last part is not actually true; the reason Peter used the word "tendency" is that both sets of his birth parents died on him.

      After finishing his sentence, he looks back at Harry. For some reason, Harry is looking at him in a really serious way. Then, Harry leans forward and hugs Peter. Peter did not expect this; therefore, it took him a moment before he hugs him back. Then Harry starts to talk in draconic.

      [My friend,] Harry says so in draconic, [I wish you to be happy for the rest of your life.]

      Peter wasn't sure why did Harry said that nor why did he said that in draconic, but he still said [I wish the same for you, my friend.] back in draconic in all sincerity.

******

      Time flies when you are talking, before Harry and Peter notice, it got really late. Therefore, the two of them decide to go to bed.

      Harry showed Peter how the bathroom work. The bathroom is dry wet depart. The dry part has a sink and a toilet. The wet part is finished with tile, and there is a bathtub, some bucket, and a stool in it.

      Harry explains there is a water tank in the bathroom that gets refill through the Shield water system. The tank is for the sink and the toilet. But the water that the tank holds is not enough and too cold for taking a bath. Therefore, Harry normally goes to the student public bathhouse on the first floor to bath himself. After hearing this, Peter has a question, and he asked it.

"Harry," Peter asks, "why don't you fill the bathtub with hot water with magic?"

Harry scratches the back of his head and kind of look away, and explain that he is not good at water-related magic. For him, to fill the bathtub with water is stressful and hard to do, and unnecessary when he could just use the bathhouse.

Peter nods and shows understanding, also offers to fill the bathtub for Harry tonight if he needs it. Harry declines politely and explains that he normally baths early in the morning.

Eventually, Peter was left alone to use the bathroom. But before using the bathroom, he did some research om how does it work. The structure and the mechanism of the Shield water system seem to be almost identical to the kind they have at Yrtsudnikrats and Asgard, which is the system known as the T&B System, name after the people who developed it, Tony and Bruce. The two of them came up with the system along with a toilet that flashes a few years before Peter was adopted. Peter is extremely grateful for this invention.

Since Harry said he had never used the bathtub, Peter sis clean it first. Then used magic to summon water to fill the bathtub, then heat it with magic.

Author's note: This is an all age-appropriate book; I will not describe the process of Peter taking a bath. If you really want to know, do the images yourself.

      After taking a bath, Peter said good night to Harry and went into his room. Peter took a square sheet of paper and wrote a letter on it to home. After finishing the letter, Peter folds the paper into a crane. Then he walks over to the window and opens it. He places the paper crane and starts enchanting. The crane starts to glow in blue and hovering by itself. Eventually, the paper crane turned into a real bird. When that happens, Peter takes his hand back, and the bird starts to fly away. Peter waves to the bird, and close the window. Then Peter snuffs out the kerosene lamp in this room and goes to bed.

Author's note: I have more than 200 views now!!!