Chapter Seventeen-Dorm Room and Roommate

The thing is, Peter does not have the fondest memory when it comes to school lunches and school cafeteria. So when Connors took Peter to what he calls "the dining hall" and told him this will be the place where he gets his three meals a day 24/7, Peter was crossing his fingers.

      On the bright side, everything is free.

      Connors got a sandwich with soup and Peter got a large chicken pasta with fruit juice on the side. Both the sandwich bread and the pasta look kind if brown, which makes sense. Due to the less advanced technology, the more refined white flour is at less three times the price of the whole-wheat flour. Therefore, most of the food is made with whole-wheat.

      The two of them sit in a table by the window to eat. The food is actually petty good, which made Peter look forward to eating here in the future.

      While they are eating, Peter can't ignore the fact that the other students are kind of looking at him. Connors notices Peter's discomfort, Connors told him not to worry about those kids, they are just not used to seeing new people. But Peter thinks he might have become "the weird kid that eats with the teacher during lunch".

      Peter also notices the fact that Ava, Danny, Luke, and Sam are sitting not far away from them eating their lunch. Due to his spider ability, Peter can see clear enough with his side vision that the four of them are looking at him and talking about something. Peter decides to ignore the gaze and not make eye contact by looking down at his food.

      To Peter's surprise, Connors somehow notices something. He turns back and sees the four looking in this direction, he smiles at them and waves. Beside Danny who waves back calmly, the other three look down immediately.

      Peter looks up as Connors turns back. Connors asks "Peter, which one of the four of them did you have to fight to get in Shield?"

      "Mr. Rand and Mr. Cage." Peter does not need to ask who is Connors talking about.

      "Good for you," Connors's tone sounds more like parsing rather than impressed, "and do you not like the four of them?"

      "What?"

      "The four of them, Ava, Danny, Luke, and Sam, do you not like them?"

      Peter shook his head immediately, "No sir." He responds.

      "Good," Connors smiles, " I am glad, because the four of them are under my super version as well, I would like my students to get along."

      Although Peter has only meet professor Connors today, he does not want to disappoint him because he is a nice person. But consider the given situation, the only thing Peter can say is "I will try my best." And this is exactly what he said.

        *****

      After lunch, Connors starts to tour Peter around the school.

      Connors first gives Peter a map of the school and the map of midtown. Connors explains are allow to leave the campus as long as they do not miss class.

      Second, Connors toured Peter according to Peter's classes. Connors showed Peter the location of all his classrooms.

      Then, they took a trip to the school library. The library is a three-story building by itself. Peter got really existed because he enjoys reading, and now that he no longer has his phone, reading is the best thing to kill time.

      The librarian is an old man with glass that calls himself Stan. He seems like a really nice person, and for some reason, Stan has a vibe of "everything will be okay". Stan gathers all the textbook Peter needs base on the list Connors gave him. When Peter and Connors are getting ready to leave the library, Connors was going to ask Peter if he needs any help carrying all those books, but after seeing Peter shoving everything into his hustler bag, he did not say anything.

      Lastly, Connors took Peter to the Shield dormitory. There is one dormitory building and it is mix gender. Before going into the dorm keeper's office on the first floor, Connors asked Peter if he wants a roommate or not. Peter said yes because he thought this would be a nice way to make a friend. Connors had the dorm keeper put Peter in room 303, a room on the third floor. The dorm keeper hands Peter two different keys for the room and explains that the dorm room is a compound, the longer key is for the dorm door, the shorter key is for his room in the dorm. Connors told Peter his roommate is a sorcerer student called Harry Osborn, who is also under Connors' supervision.

      Connors was going to walk Peter to his room, but Peter refuses polity because he felt that professor Connors has done enough for him today, also he thinks he is capable of finding a room, and this is what Peter said to Connors. After saying that, Connors did give him an "are you sure look", but ultimately saying "See you tomorrow" to Peter and leave.

      Peter watched Connors leave, then used the stairs to reach the third floor. 303 was not hard to find. Before using his key to get in, Peter knocks on the door. A voice from the inside says loudly "coming".

      Peter waits, then a boy at less a foot if not taller than him open the door.

      "Hello," the boy says, "how can I help you?"

      "Hello," Peter smiles at the boy, "you must be Mr. Harry Osborn, I am Peter Parker." Peter reaches his hand out, Harry takes it and shakes it.

      After shaking hands, Peter explains "I am a transfer student, professor Connors assigned me as your new roommate.

******

      Harry looks at this kid in front of him. What he says is true, he knows it, which makes no sense. But he still lets Peter in. Peter seems to be extremely interested in the space, looking all around but holding himself back from touching anything.

      "Mr. Parker," Harry says.

      Peter turns to Harry, "Peter is fine."

      "Okay, Peter, how old are you?"

      "Fourteen."

      "Fourteen?" He looks like 12, Harry thinks to himself.

      Peter nods, then add, "Well, I am technically older than that, but right now, I am fourteen."

      Harry frowns, what Peter just said did not make sense, but he everything he just said is true. Harry really feels the need to go talk to professor Connors right now. Even though he felt bad for leaving Peter here, but he still left after showing Peter where his room is and explaining that he needs to go somewhere.

      Harry caught Connors on the way going back to his office.

      "Professor Connors," Harry calls out his name while running up to him. Connors turns back after hearing his name, and Harry stops in front of him.

      "Hello, Harry." Connors greets Harry with a smile, "have you meet your new roommate yet?"

      "Yeah, about that," Harry scratches the back of his head, "Why did you do this?"

      "Well," Connors explains, "Peter is a transfer student, and he does want a roommate, and you are the only student in this school who does not have a roommate."

      "But sir," Harry protest, "you know why I cannot have a roommate."

Author's note: To everyone who is reading this, sorry for updating this late.

'