Chapter 9

After my physical I arrived to school during a class change. I moved towards my locker to get my stuff together. As I retrieved my things I felt like people were staring at me. I turned around and noticed a couple guys in the corner staring and winking at me. Disgusted, I closed my locker and made my way to the senior hall. As soon as I entered all eyes fell on me. I wasn't being paranoid, every person was literally staring at me. Soraya ran up to me, and I could anger written all over face.

"What the fuck Sydney?" She started.

"What?" I asked.

"Everyone knows so you can cut the innocent act. I thought I knew you better than that. How could you do? And what about Daniel?" She questioned.

"Soraya, I'm sorry. Kevin and I ... it was only once ..." Her eyes got really big as I spoke.

"Kevin? My Kevin? You slept with my Kevin?" She said stepping closer to me.

"Soraya I'm sorry. I ended things with him a long time ago though." I explained. SLAP! I grabbed my cheek where her palm had just landed. Instinctively, I threw my fist and it connected with her mouth. 

We were full on fighting. I cannot lie, Soraya had the upper hand. She was really fighting me, none of that hair pulling stuff. I had to just focus on defending myself, protecting my face.

"You fucking thot. How could you? You were supposed to be my friend!" Soraya screamed, tears streaming down her face, as we were pulled apart.

"Soraya..." Kevin approached reaching for Soraya's arm. She moved out of his grasp.

"You just fucked up." Soraya stated to me and left the hall with Kevin chasing after her. I was left standing in the midst of everyone's glares. I noticed Daniel moving out the hall and followed after him.

"Daniel wait please..." I begged, grabbing his arm.

"What Sydney? What the fuck do you want?" He yelled.

"I'm sorry..." I started.

"For what? For fucking Kevin behind my back? Or for fucking Nathan in the gym yesterday?" He spat.

"How do you know ...?" I asked shocked.

"THE WHOLE FUCKING SCHOOL KNOWS SYDNEY! It's a whole video. Everyone fucking knows." He said pulling out his phone with the video already on the screen. There was no mistaking that it was me and Nathan from yesterday.

"How could you Sydney? I thought you loved me." He stated.

"Loved you? You never told me you loved me Daniel!" I shot.

"Because I wasn't ready! With everything going on with my parents I wasn't sure about love. I couldn't say it yet." He explained.

"But you could have sex with me." I retorted.

"Are you serious Sydney? You know what, I'm sorry for having sex with you. I wish I never gotten involved with you, turns out you're nothing but a whore. I bet your ass wasn't even really a virgin." He finished and walked off. 

I couldn't control the tears falling from my eyes. I was hurt by Daniel's words, I was sad about losing Soraya, my face still stung from the fight but mostly I was pissed at Nathan for spreading that video.

Classes had already resumed, and the halls were empty but I knew he had a free period which he usually spent in the library. I made my way there. I caught him before he reached the library. I ran over to him and pushed him from behind.

"What the hell Syd?" He said pulling his earphones out. I couldn't speak, instead I opted to throw punches at his chest. I tried slapping him but he kept blocking all my shots. I was physically trying to fight Nathan. He eventually had both my arms pinned behind me and me against the wall. I knew I looked a mess. My face had to be puffy from crying and fighting. He took my face in one of his hands and moved it side to side, examining it.