Chapter 8

The next morning, I woke up around five and got ready to go to the gym. As much as I wanted to stay in bed I didn't want to break the routine I built over the break. I hurried down the stairs and was surprised to find Charles and Sicily sleep on the couch. I laughed to myself as I went to wake them up.

"Sicily, you better get him out of here before our father gets home." I warned. Sicily sprang up, awakening Charles.

"Oh my God, you have to go. You have to go." She started handing him his stuff. I left them to work through their predicament and got in my Uber. I got to the gym, put my headphones in and started my 5K on the indoor track.

I was into my second mile when Nathan sped past me. I immediately stopped in my tracks. I didn't think he was going to show up for our usual training session. We finished our miles and headed to the weight room. Nathan didn't speak a single word to me over the next hour. He was working me harder than he had any other day. I maxed at everything. When we finished he started packing up his gym bag.

"So you're just not gonna say anything to me?" I asked, panting slightly. I was upset. He didn't have a reason to be mad at me. If anything I should be upset with him for initiating whatever that was last night. Nathan didn't respond to me. I grabbed my gym bag and started towards the locker room. Nathan grabbed my bag and turned me around.

"What the fuck do you want me to say Sydney?" He yelled.

I was taken back by his tone. "I ... I don't know." I admitted. He let go of my bag and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you." He sighed.

"Be real with me though Sydney, what do you want?" He questioned.

"I don't know." I told him.

"Yes you do. You know what you want. Tell me." He stated. I dropped my bag and walked past him toward the mirror.

"I know that I don't want you to be mad at me." I said, looking at him through the mirror.

"I won't be mad if you're just honest with me Sydney." He told me.

"Nathan, I told you I needed us to be just friends." I said.

"I didn't ask what you needed. I asked what do you want." He repeated, walking towards me. I folded my arms over my chest in frustration.

"What do you want?" He asked now standing beside me and staring at my reflection.

"What we want isn't always possible!" I exclaimed. He didn't respond, he just continued to stare at me through the mirror.

"You think, I want to toy with you like this?" I questioned. He still didn't respond.

"Fine Nathan, I want to be with Daniel. I like him. But I also want to be with you. I want to feel you touch me. I wanted you to fuck me in your car that day. I wanted you to kiss me last night. Every opportunity we've had I've wanted you take it. But at no point did I want to end things with Daniel. And if I had met you first, I can't say that I wouldn't be having this same conversation with Daniel. And I know that makes me a horrible person. But ... I can't help what I feel every time I'm with him or the fire you ignite inside me by your mere presence." I finished, turning to actually face him.

"You once said you'd wait for me though." I reminded him. He dropped his head back looking at the ceiling.

He exhaled deeply before looking down at me. "Syd, I can't wait for you..." He stated.

I opened my mouth to respond but he grabbed my waist and pushed my back to the mirror. And in the same second his mouth was on mine. His kiss was hungry. When the need for oxygen became too much he moved his kisses to my neck, nibbling and licking his way down to my collarbone. He pushed my arms above my head and lifted my sports bra off. He continued his kisses down my chest. He circled each nipple with his tongue. He bit gently at each one and I let out a moan. He picked me up slid my shorts off in one easy movement. I reached between us and felt his hard bulge. He shimmied out of his shorts still holding me up. I felt him at my entrance. He looked me in my eyes, showed me a condom and said,

"Syd, I can stop right now." I leaned in and started placing kisses on his neck and nibbling on his ear. He pulled away.

"I need you to say it." He whispered.

"Don't stop." I whispered before capturing his mouth with mine again. He maneuvered the condom on and I let out a scream as I felt every inch of him enter me. He continued his strokes refusing to slow down. I let out moan after moan. Without separating us, he moved to sit on one of the benches and positioned me in his lap. I immediately started moving up and down. He groaned and laid back on the bench, allowing me to place my hands on his chest for stability. He suddenly lifted me and laid me on the bench. Then I felt his tongue on me. Nathan was bringing me to a climax I hadn't experienced before. Right as I reached my peak he replaced his tongue with his dick. He started kissing me again as he stroked and my legs began to shake uncontrollably. I heard him grunt against my lips and we both laid still for a moment. Without warning he stood up, pulling me with him. My legs weren't quite working yet and his arms were the only thing keeping me up.

"I ..." I covered his mouth to keep him from speaking. "Don't you dare apologize." I stated. I removed my hand from his mouth and pulled my shorts and sports bra back on.

"I can take you home." He offered.

"No, um, I need to shower. I'll see you tomorrow at school." I told him as I grabbed my bag and practically ran to the locker room.

"SYDNEY!" Sicily exclaimed later that evening as she jumped onto my bed. I looked up from my book and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Last night...ugh." She fake fainted, laying back on my bed.

"I wanna hear everything." I laughed.

"First of all, he took me to an empty balcony for the countdown. Syd ... he kissed me and I just melted. Is that corny?" She asked sitting up.

"Not at all." I told her.

"He kissed me and I never wanted him to stop." She gushed.

"How'd he end up back here?" I asked.

"I asked him to stay when we were driving home. We just talked and watched TV. We clearly fell asleep. Shout out to you. Then we kissed again as he left. I now see how easy it is to go further than that. I was willing to push the boundaries." She explained.

"But you didn't. You're better than me." I chuckled.

"No. Syd, I'm sorry for always getting on your case. I just ... I wish I had the courage to be my own person like you. To make decisions for myself the way you do." She said grabbing my hand. Something about my sister's gesture brought tears to my eyes.

"Sicily, you are your own person. I wish I was as secure in myself as you are. You moved at your own pace and that takes courage. I moved at my own pace, but my pace was motivated by me trying to spite our father and do what I thought other people were doing." I told her.

"Despite the motivation, I still envy you in some ways..." She continued.

"Don't. Whatever pace you think is right for you and Charles is the pace you should take. Don't let me, our father or anyone else tell you how fast or how slow you should move." I stated.

"How far have you gone?" Sicily asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I thought about my answer for a few seconds.

"I've had sex Sicily." I confessed. Her eyes got really big. Before she could respond my mother opened my door.

"Knock much mom?" I questioned.

"My house, my door, I don't have to knock. Sydney, we need to get a physical in the morning. The school said the one you used for cheerleading has expired." My mom told me.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Go to bed you two. It's back to school tomorrow." She motioned for Sicily to follow her out, told me goodnight and closed the door.