CHAPTER 5

Our football team won the playoffs and was headed to the state championship game. Typically such an occasion would result in a party at Daniel's but it was Thanksgiving break and most had familial obligations. I was laying in my bed reading over SparkNotes for my English test when my phone rung. It was Kevin. I debated answering. But something made me swipe and answer.

"Hello." I answered.

"I'm coming over. Text me your address." He stated. This was my chance to end things with him. My conscience was beginning to catch up with me and I had been avoiding him the last couple weeks.

"Okay..." He was tapping on my window around one a.m. I opened the window and stepped back as he climbed through. He immediately pulled me close pressing his lips to mine. I pulled back quickly, "Kevin wait..." I said as I sat down on my bed.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this anymore." I told him as he sat down beside me.

"Sydney...Has Danny told you he loves you yet?" He asked.

"No..."

"Good, I want to be the only one telling you... I think I love you Sydney." He said holding my face in his hand. I knew he was lying, but he sparked a thought in my head. Why hadn't Daniel told me he loved me yet. Lying or not at least Kevin valued me enough to say it before getting in my pants. My thoughts were interrupted by his lips capturing mine.

"Kevin, I don't know about this." I said as I pulled back again.

"You've been flirting and teasing me for months. You let me come through tonight. Why would you do all that if you ain't want to fuck?" He questioned. I didn't respond.

"Don't be a tease Sydney. You're better than that." He stated before pulling me close again. And I didn't stop him anymore that night.

By the time the holiday ended and Monday rolled around I was dreading going to school. I just didn't want to go. I don't know why. Maybe because I didn't want to see Soraya knowing I had done what I did. I felt like trash. As soon as Kevin left that night I was overwhelmed with the feeling of guilt. I didn't even enjoy the sex. But I got up anyways and made myself look amazing.

"Sydney, are you okay?" Sicily asked me as we stood at our lockers.

"I'm fine Sicily." I told her.

"No you're not, my twin radar is going crazy." She half-joked.

"Sicily I'm fine. I'm just tired. I'll see you later." I said and made my way towards the senior hallway.

"SYDNEY KING!" Soraya yelled as I entered the hall. I froze as she approached.

"How could you?" She asked as she reached me. I couldn't answer. I just stared. I couldn't believe she found out.

"Don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about. How have we still not talked about all the details from Daniel's birthday? How was it? How are you feeling? Are ya doing it like rabbits now?" She asked linking arms with me. I smiled in relief.

"Sorry, the game and Thanksgiving had me distracted." I explained.

"Hey Syd." Daniel greeted kissing me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"We'll talk at lunch." I told Soraya, happy for the escape with Daniel.

"So are we still on for this afternoon?" Nathan whispered to me in class.

"Oh my gosh I completely forgot, but yea we can totally finish up tonight. After practice, meet me in the library. I don't think my father wants you back, or any guy for that matter." I told him with a smile. Truthfully, I just wanted to keep men out of my space for a while.