Chapter 27

Vincent's Pov:

Mitch and Jared left right after that because they had dates and mom and the girls helped us clean up. Within an hour the girls left and it was just me and my Dare.

I clapped my hands together excitedly and grinned at Dare. "Present time Babe." I went to the closet in our spare room and pulled out his gifts.

I know he said not to go overboard but I think I might have. Okay I know I totally went spazz-tastic about what to get him.

See before we got together I always knew what to get for him but for some reason this year I freaked out. I totally psyched myself out trying to get the perfect thing for him. My brain totally fritzed out.

I couldn't decide so I just got all the things that caught my eye for him.

I carried the pile of gifts into the living room where he was and sat down. He raised his brow and shook his head when I just shrugged. "You go first. Whatever you don't like you can return and exchange." I assured him.

Dereck's Pov:

I grabbed the first box off the stack and opened it. I couldn't help but laugh. He'd gotten me a gift certificate to Tony's Detailing to have my car detailed. Umm okay.

"Ya know cause you're always b*tchin about your car being dirty" He defended and I nodded. True.

He rolled his eyes and handed me the next box. It was every season of Queer as Folk. I looked them over and laughed again.

I've never even seen a single episode but now I have the whole series. I quirked an eyebrow.

"So you don't have to google how to be gay. Now we can watch and learn together." He said smugly which made me bite my lip."You're so smart!" I teased snickering at his pinked cheeks.

He handed me a gift bag and I pulled out the paper and smiled. He'd gotten me a Michael Kors Chronograph watch! The band was stainless steel and gold and the face was black. It was the one I had been thinking about getting a while back. I love that he remembered which one I wanted.

I opened the next gift and grinned. It was a silver key chain that was engraved with 'I Love You Always'. Across the middle and at the bottom it had our initials intertwined.

I slipped it out of the box and attached it to my keyring immediately. "I love it. Thanks babe. Best gift yet!"

He handed me another gift and I repressed an eye roll. Thankfully this was the last. I told the kid not to go overboard Jeeze. I opened it up and my eyes widened.

It was an 8x10 of my parents and me. It was from a month before the accident. We'd all gone out to eat and the movies and Vin had taken the picture of the three of us in front of the water fountain at the plaza. I stood between mom and dad and we all made goofy faces.

"I found that a while I was going through all the pictures on my phone. I had that blown up and had the rest from that night printed out." He said pointing to the packet of pictures behind the frame.

"It's perfect. Thank you Vin. Seriously you didn't have to get all that but I really love everything." I reached over and handed him his gift. "Merry Christmas Baby"

I held my breath as he opened the jewelry box.

Vincent's Pov:

I was swamped with relief that he liked his gifts and was just about bouncing in my seat as I unwrapped mine. I opened the lid of the box and my breath caught. It was perfect.

Nestled inside was a platinum chain with a platinum dog tag type thing that had a picture of the two of us lasered on it. Under the picture had the date we first kissed. I picked it up and looked at the engraved back.

"From best friend to so much more. Thank you for being you. The man I love wholeheartedly Always and Forever. Love Dare"

I put it on and grinned at him. "It's perfect and I love it and you Dare, So damn much!"