Chapter 8

Vincent's Pov:

"Come on Dare! We're gonna be late." I hollered from the kitchen.

We have exactly 15 minutes until the bell rings to go to first period and it'll take that long just to get his butt to the car if he doesn't let me pick him up. Chances are he'll be stubborn and we'll be late.

"Chillax nerd, I'm coming" He called from the living room. I dumped my juice and picked up his pop tarts and chocolate milk.

I met him in the living room and raised my eyebrow. "Forgetting something?" I asked.

"Nope, got everything. Lets go." He said hobbling to the door.

"Pretty sure you're forgetting that kick ass crutch you need to walk." I smarted.

"Nope. Didn't forget it, I'm just not gonna use it. As you can see I can walk without it." He said as he hobbled through the front door.

"No, you can hobble and limp but not walk." I shook my head at his stubbornness. I should have known that he wouldn't use that thing unless basically forced.

I ran to the room and grabbed it. By the time I got the door locked he'd made it almost half way to the truck. I walked to him and tried to hand him his walking aid. He just shook his head and kept limping along.

I threw the crutch in the back of the truck and got in. If he was in one of his stubborn, I know everything moods then arguing with him wouldn't do anything. I had to give him some options and make it obvious that the crutch was better for him.

We pulled up to school and I jumped out and went around the truck. When he got out I tried handing him the damn crutch again. Of course he said "no"

We had a staring match and then a brilliant idea hit me. "You can either take the crutch and be a big boy about it or I'll be your human crutch all day. You choose but you know I get a little handsy." I said smiling triumphantly.

I knew he would take it now. He isn't ready for anyone to know about us.

He surprised me though. "Fine be my human crutch. You don't piss me off nearly as much as that stupid thing does. You know it actually got up and hit me this morning." He ranted

I slid my arm around his waist and he slid his arm around my neck to steady us.

"You do know that inanimate objects don't actually have that ability right. Did you sneak into the liquor cabinet this morning or something?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes I'm secretly wasted at 8 in the morning. No stupid. I was getting dressed after my shower and that stupid thing was leaning by the bed. I sat down to put my shoe on and it smacked the back of my head. I'm not about to use abusive equipment!"

I shook my head laughing. "You mean, when you sat down by it, it shifted and fell on you." I clarified.

He shrugged. "Same thing. Besides you know you like this way better. Just another excuse to touch my sexy sexy body" He quipped grinning so his dimples showed.

Our laugh was interrupted by a screeching girl. "Oh my gosh what happened to you Dare?" She screeched.

Dare heaved an annoyed sigh and I bit back my smile. "Alissa I told you not to call me that!" He said in a voice that held so much annoyance I almost felt bad for the poor chick.

"My name is Felisha!" She screamed. He shrugged.

"Either way. I said don't call me Dare. My name is Dereck, or even Mr Smith."