Chapter 11

Dereck's Pov:

School was dismissed and we had 15 minutes before football practice. We were leaned up by the lockers talking with Jared, Mitch, Eric and Todd about tonight. When Tara pushed through our group and latched onto Vin's arm.

"My parents are out of town, want to come over?" She purred.

I bit my tongue to keep from calling her out. I was pissed she had her nasty little hands on my Vin. I raised my eyebrow at Vin. She was one of his old booty calls.

He didn't even look at me. He just glared at Tara but she seemed oblivious. "My house. 9 o'clock"

He pulled her hands off him. "I have plans" He gritted out.

She giggled. "Cancel them. You know whoever she is, she can't work you the way I do." She fluttered her lashes and licked her lips.

"Not gonna happen. Not interested. Bye" He turned away and started talking to me. Probably because he knew I wouldnt be thrilled about that hoe-bag.

Next thing I know she'd flung herself at him and crashed her lips to his.

I felt my blood boil and seriously wanted to break my no hitting girls rule. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. I heard him yell and scuffling noises but I tuned it out. I was beyond pissed.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her slap the crap out of him. Oh hell no!

Without actually thinking I yanked her away from him by the arm so we were face to face.

"You have no idea how lucky you are that I don't hit girls. But do that shit again and I'll make you wish I'd just slapped you." I let go of her and stormed off.

Vincent caught up to me in a matter of seconds.

He pulled me to a stop. "My hero" He crowed fluttering his lashes like a damsel in distress. I punched his arm.

"I did not like that." My voice still dripped with agitation.

"Me either." he agreed rubbing his arm. "I think we need to get you into domestic violence counseling" He joked

I huffed. "Oh man up. It was barely even a tap. What did you say to make bimbo barbie slap you?" I asked looking at his welted cheek.

He laughed. "When I got her off me, I told her I was gay. She didn't think it was a funny joke." He shrugged.

"I thought you weren't gay, just Dare-sexual." I mocked.

He nodded and put his arm around my shoulder. "Definitely Dare-sexual but you want to tell our friends first. I figured that's not the way you want news about us to come out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a little after 11 and we'd played beer pong, truth or dare, and we've have been playing I Never for the last 20 minutes.

"I've never been in love" Mitch called out.

Half of the people raised their cups and drank. Me and Vin included. They looked at us weirdly. That's the first time either of us has ever drank to 'being in love'.

He shot me a wink over the rim of his cup. I chuckled and shot one back.

Ariel was up and she grinned mischievously at us. We told her we were gonna go public tonight and she of course wanted to ''help''

She cleared her throat. "I've never been in a secret relationship with a close friend."

Only two of us raised our glasses. Everyone was looking curiously at us and my tipsy self found it all extremely funny. Vin raised his brow to see if he still had the go ahead. I nodded my head and hiccuped.