Chapter 12

Dereck's Pov:

"Ready for this? We can always wait. Don't rush into this for me." He said as we sat in my car waiting to walk into school.

That's right it's Monday morning and we're gonna stop sneaking around. I might have backed out a few days ago. But telling our friends was liberating even if one did act like a jerk. Going out on our date and holding hands without worrying if someone saw totally sealed the deal.

"I'm good." I gave him a quick smooch and we got out.

When we walked into the building all eyes zeroed in on our clasped hands.

We ignored the stares and walked to our locker. Our friends came up and evil eyed anyone still gawking.

Ariel jumped on my back and kissed my cheek. "I cant wait until we're in laws. Now give me a piggy back ride beee-yotch!"

Vin lifted her off my back and set her short self down. "Sorry. He's isn't giving anyone rides." He said patting her head when she pouted.

"Not even you?" She shot back and he blushed so she stuck out her tongue and winked at me. "That's right darling, make that boy work for your disco-stick!"

Vin saw a few girls staring and he waved. "Anything we can do to make this more entertaining for you?" He asked sweetly. A girl that looked vaguely familiar nodded and her friends pushed her forward.

She smiled at us. "Can I cash in that favor you owe me?" She asked Vin.

He smiled and looked at me. "It's up to him."

"What's up to me?"

She bit her lip and stuck out her hand. "Hi I'm Lisa and I have a few classes with y'all. But we've never actually talked until Ariel wanted my seat. Anyway I was wondering if I could get an interview for the school paper."

"Why would you want that? For the sports section?"

She laughed and shook her head. "No as a feature. You two coming out is big news and I'd like to write your story."

"Why? It's really not that interesting? Wouldn't you want something more I don't know, news worhty. Wait that was last montj when you talked to Vin. How'd you know we were together?"

I wasn't opposed to it. I just really didn't understand why she wanted our story. The bell rang to go to first period.

"We can talk in the library and I'll get y'all a pass to class." She offered.

We sat down at a back table. "Last month I was coming out of the photography class and saw you two kiss. I'm not gonna lie. I thought about taking a picture and doing an article. Scoop of the year kind of thing but I'm not that mean. So when Vin said he'd owe me one. I asked if he'd give me an interview when y'all came out."

"I appreciate that but I still don't understand the reason for a story. I mean yeah we're gonna be the topic of gossip for a few days but news worthy?"

"You have no idea just how important it is. Did you know that the school has a fairly large number of gay students that are too afraid to be themselves because they feared being bullied from faculty and students alike. That those people have actually set up a fan club that has been rooting for y'all since freshman year. They set up a facebook page and everything. All of it positive and hopeful. They even had friendly bets about how long it would take you two to kiss."

Vin snorted. "Seriously, we've been walking around having a stalker fan club? All dissecting everything Dare and I ever said and did. Was there any creepy crap like peeking in our windows or going through our trash?" He looked kind of annoyed.