Chapter 19

Dereck's Pov:

The last few weeks flew by. The day after my fight Vin was due back at school. He didn't go. He decided he would stay home as a show of 'support' and fight the power that oppressed us.

In other words he ditched because school blows when I'm not there.

Instead we went on a mini vacation and flew to my parent's vacation cabin in Colorado. It was only the beginning of November so it was cold but not much snow yet.

The town itself is awesome. One of those quaint story book old timely town squares. I've always loved it there.

We spent the weekend plus my 3 days of suspension there. We camped under the stars and went fishing. We hiked up the mountain that people will ski when the serious snow comes. We browsed the local shops and found an Absinthe bar.

The shop owner raised a brow at our fake IDs but served us anyway. It almost killed us to finish the one glass of absinthe. But we did, neither willing to back down until the other did.

We met an awesome couple vacationing and went dancing with them. The girl, was only a year or so older then us and her husband only a few years older then that. It was obvious that they were head over heels for each-other. It was in their eyes.

Surprisingly Jemma and Michael lived in Texas also. Only about an hour and a half from us. They left the day before we did. We all exchanged info and made promises to keep in touch and maybe go out together soon. They reminded me of us. They were what we'd be if one of us was a hot chick.

The best night was the night before we came home. We laid in front of the fire drinking hot coco and watched the first heavy snow fall of the season. Around midnight after a few inches had fallen we bundled up and went to play in the snow.

We made snow angels and had a snow ball fight. We even made perverted miniature snowmen that were anatomically correct. Vin took a million pictures of it and posted them on facebook under the title: Check out my snow balls!.

That few days away was definitely what I needed. I came back with a clear head and was able to see the funny side of things again. To realize that the outside crap doesn't matter. As long as me and Vin are good who cares about anything else.

Plus after his little out burst over the PA system cleared up what happened most of the gossip died down. Especially since our shiners have faded.

Our football team is still on it's winning streak and student government is the same old same. Debate and swim season don't start until after Christmas break. Basketball season is almost here.

School has settled down and for the most part everything has gone back to normal. Nobody even bats an eyelash when me and Vin kiss in school anymore. Probably because we do it a lot.

However we have gotten a few detentions for PDA. But the extra 45 minutes after school is worth it. I still get lost when Vin kisses me. I love it.

All in all life has been awesome. We've had double dates with Sammy and Ariel. Which pretty much consisted of us getting kicked out of places for getting too rambunctious. Like yesterday when we were thrown out of Wal-Mart for playing bumper cars with the electric wheel chairs. Or last week when we were kicked out of Chunky Cheesy for moshing in the ball pit. Hey if you don't want people to mosh, don't play drowning pool's Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.

We've also been banned from McDonalds. Because Vin found a video on-line where some guys rapped their order and just had to try it. McDonald's was not impressed. The manager got ticked because we held the line up for like 15 minutes rapping the order, slowing it down and speeding it up. They of course got the order wrong. But it was hilarious when we played the video that night.

Lisa has been pretty cool and has become a permanent member of our circle of friends. She's not just with the ''popular" group. She's with the BFF group. She's pretty chill but it's damn hilarious when her and Ariel start snapping at each other. Nothing serious just playful spats that crack the rest of us up. Ariel is so territorial about "her boys.'' So it's taking her a bit to get used to another chick in our little posse.

We've finally been on the fan page she pointed out and it was nice in a semi creepy stalker kind of way. We checked out everything that was posted since the page was created and now I can see why everyone around us wasn't that surprised we got together. We really were slow on the up take. I wonder why no one every straight up asked if we were together.

Vin's birthday was a couple of days ago. We changed up our birthday tradition a little. Instead of torturing him awake. I kissed him awake and then left him hanging. Ha he's cute when he grumbles.

We did our pool race and the sign changing. Our slogan this year was: What's the square root of 69? Ate something!

We skipped the UT/Aggie game and bar hopping and random hookups. Instead we went to dinner and a movie then cuddled on the couch fooling around. I still blush thinking about the things we did with the spray whipped cream. I'll never look at dairy products the same.

Veronica called a few times but Vin always picks up says something along the lines of get lost and hangs up. I tried to get him to give her a break but I think he just needs a little more time to let some of the anger go.

The house was a disaster and we spent all Saturday cleaning it. We even officially moved Vin into my room. Since the first night he slept with me the only times he actually went to his room was to grab more clothes when all his were dirty. Now we have his old room set up as a guest room so no one has to crash on the couch when they stay over.

Today we just lounged around doing nothing but watching tv and eating. It was a wonderfully lazy day to prepare us for another week of school and blah.

We were playing video games when he paused it and turned to me all seriously.

"When was the last time you saw your shrink?"

I gave him a WTF look. "She wasn't a shrink. She was a trauma and grief councilor."

He flicked some popcorn at me. "You know what I meant Babe."

I shrugged and thought back. "Umm right before you and I got together. So I guess a few months. Why?"

"I think you should try and get in for a visit. Thanksgiving is less then a week away, your birthday and then with Christmas coming. This'll be the firsts since your parents passed and it's completely normal to get depressed. So I think as a precautionary step you should start going again."

I sat silently for a few minutes soaking in his concerns and testing how I felt about all of those things. Sure it's sad and I'm always gonna have a little ache for them but I'm coping just fine.

"I'm fine, yeah I might get a little twinge of sadness once in a while but I'm good. I'm actually really happy. Things have chilled out at school, the team's got a black out going on. My friends, you, everything is good. Hell I haven't even had a nightmare in I don't know how long. So stop worrying." I assured him.

"I just don't want this to be harder for you then it has to be. I cant help worrying that you'll have a hard time." He fluttered his lashes and bit his lip. Ugh he knows the effect that has on me.

I sighed. "I'm really fine, but how about I call the good doc and have her on standby in case I freak out or decide I'm so depressed I wanna off myself with a mistletoe overdose. That a fair enough compromise for ya?"

"Yeah and just know that if you need anything I'll be there for you. Always okay?" He asked cupping my cheek.

"There is something."

He nodded. "Whattya need babe?" He asked pulling back and getting all serious.

I bit back my sigh. "I need.... this" I said kissing him for all I was worth. I cant believe my goofball had actually been worrying about me. Well actually I can and it just made me love him more.

I buried my hands into his hair and anchored him to me while I sat astride him and deepened the kiss. He growled sexily pushing up against my bulge and all was perfect in my world. Yep life is good.