Chapter 7

Dereck's Pov:

I woke up feeling nice and toasty. I cuddled into Vin and pretended to sleep a few minutes longer. Mmm I love his cologne.

I finally opened my eyes and was greeted by a sweet kiss even if it didn't last nearly long enough.

"Hey you." He spoke softly and I wanted nothing more then to wrap my arms around him. So I did just that.

"What time is it? You fall asleep too?" I asked stretching out.

"It's a little after 7 and no I stayed in here for a while then went and played Zombie Apocalypse for a while. I felt lazy so pizza's for dinner."

I rolled my eyes. "I have no idea why you like that stupid game so much. It's lame!! Gimme C.O.D. Black Ops any day over that crap." I teased.

"Whatever, You'll be thanking your lucky stars that I'm ready when the Zombies invade and I'm totally prepared and save your ass!" He shot back.

"Shut up nerd. I'm hungry." I moved to get up and he pushed me back down.

"The nurse said stay off your foot. So it's pizza and movie night in bed babe." I blushed at him calling me babe.

He came back and popped in the movie and handed me the pizza box and plopped down next to me. "What are we watching?" I asked cramming half a slice of pizza in my mouth.

"Madea's Witness Protection and wow that was sooo sexy." He said not even looking away from the TV screen.

"You didn't even look at me stuffing my face so shut up." I defended.

He bumped his shoulder to mine. "I don't need to. I know exactly what you look like when you scarf down food."

We watched the movie and ate our food. I found myself noticing every little thing in our routine that now makes me wonder how we didn't see that this was more then a normal friendship.

It was like we were an old married couple. It was little things like him handing me a napkin without looking at me when I was about to ask him for one. Or me eating his crust and him eating my mushrooms. Even sharing the same drink.

The credits rolled and I hobbled to my bathroom to get ready for bed. I came out and he was already in his boxers and under the covers. "Comfy?" I asked.

"Yep" He smirked patting the spot next to him.

I laid down and he clicked off the lamp. "Tired?" he asked.

"Not really, but don't worry I'm a big boy. I don't need you to stay awake and entertain me."

He rolled on his side facing me. "How's the ankle?"

I flicked his head. "It's fine, stop worrying."

He didn't say anything so I said what had been on my mind. "I ahh have some umm pretty messed up dreams at night. Have I been waking you up since you've been sleeping in here." I asked quietly.

That's the first time I ever said anything about them. I'd never told anyone that I dreamed about that night. Especially Vin, I couldn't handle him pitying me or thinking I was mental.

He wrapped his arm around me and tangled our legs together. "I know. You've had them every night for the last 5 months. I heard you every night. I didn't say anything because I figured you'd talk about it when you were ready."

I sighed. "I didn't realize I woke you up every night. Sorry. You should have said something, I would have tried to figure a way to make it stop or buy you ear plugs or something." I felt so guilty for waking him up.