I clenched my jaw. "And you believed him? That made sense to you?" I asked through my teeth.

He dropped his head and looked at the floor. "No, well not at first. But on the drive home it seemed like it did. I mean, you were okay with this so fast. Who just decides they're gay and the next day wants to shout it to the world. If I was a rebound, well that made more sense."

"Decides? I didn't decide anything. I just realized. There's a difference. And why wouldn't I want to shout to the whole god damn world that I'm in love. That's something to celebrate, not hide. Plus, it's you! If that had happened with any other person, guy or girl I would have freaked and probably ran. YOU are what made me 'okay' with all this." I said waving my hand between him and I.

He opened his mouth to say something but I just continued. I need him to know that there's no truth to what Robert say. It'd kill me if he lost faith in me, especially when I haven't done anything to risk us.

"I've never hidden anything from you, so if I had gotten with Robert I would have told you! And I damn sure wouldn't have used you as a rebound. I'd never do something to hurt you or risk our friendship. You're too important to play with and I thought you knew me better then to think I'm that kind of a guy." I shook my head, I cant believe him right now.

He looked up at me and I could see he was sorry. "I know, and I'm sorry. I was just......Stupid. I was tired, hurt and frustrated. I feel like we cant catch a break. Our life seems to be up for public debate and everyone has an opinion. People keep coming in and trying to cause problems. I'm just so f*ckin over all the bullshit! Why cant people just back the f*ck off and leave us in peace?"

I rubbed his head and rolled my eyes. "Who's being the drama wh*re now? In a few weeks we'll be old news and the school crazies will forget about using us as their next drama fix. We just have to stick together and know it's all bullshit. If something is said or done that makes us worry then we talk about it just like we are now. Now come on let's get you naked." I said pulling his jersey up.

I don't want to argue. I just wanna take care of him.

He hissed and I looked at his ribs. On top of the fading bruises from Peter new purple ones were forming. I poked at it to make sure nothing was broken.

Dare swatted my hand. "Nothing's busted just bruised."

"Just get in the shower while I get a washcloth to clean you up." I said turning to the cabinet.

"You gonna shower with me?" He asked stepping in.

I held back my smile. My baby sure did love showering together. Saving water my ass. We always took longer when we showered together. What can I say, we get a little distracted.

I heaved a fake sigh "I guess" I muttered but I was already stripping down.

I washed his chest and arms and he turned so I could do his back. "Wanna tell me the long version now?"

His muscled clenched under my fingers so I massaged them while he talked.

He blew out a breath. "Everything was fine today, boring but fine. When we were changing for practice the problems started. Robert made a crack about the fliers and how everyone knew it was an empty threat. We didn't know who made them. Plus whose to say they weren't true."

I hmmpphed at that.

"I ignored him and kept talking to Mitch. On the field Evan (Robert's twin) Refused to block for me. Robert nailed me way harder then necessary and Mitch blew a fuse. I separated them and calmed Mitch down but Evan started saying I was getting it on with Mitch now. Mitch hauled off and punched Evan. During their squabble, Robert jumped in and I had Mitch's back. He stopped even pretending to help Evan and focused on trying to kick my ass. If it had been anyone else I woulda backed down but f*ck he just kept bumping his gums and I got tired of just defending so I attacked back. We fought. Coach came and drug us all to the office."

He leaned his head back on my chest and I kissed his lips. I pulled back before things got out of hand and he didn't finish with his story. I needed to know. That way I knew exactly how much I needed to pay back my former friend. He knew the rules, just like everyone else. Whatever you did to Dare, expect to get ten time worse. Even when he beats your ass, you still had me to answer to.

"The Assistant Principle was pretty fair all things considered. Robert and Evan got a five day suspension for starting the fight and Mitch and I were warned not to let it happen again. Mitch and Evan were dismissed first but Mrs. Chafing wanted a private word with me and Robert. I made the comment of him secretly wanting you. Robert popped off about me stealing you from him. That I was only your rebound because it was just a phase for him. Heated words were passed back and forth. We fought again, some damage was done to the office. Mrs Chafing freaked, coach and security had to pull us apart. The ambulance was called for Robert and me. I was just bruised, he was a bit tore up. His suspension was turned into a hearing for the alternative school. My warning got knocked to a 3 day suspension for excessive violence. The end"

I smiled against his neck. "That's my boy! Don't let anyone give you any crap. Just wait until I get my hands on that prick!" I growled.

He turned in my arms and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "Listen to me Vincent James Ford. You will not go looking for a fight. It's over and done with and I don't need or want you getting involved. Stay out of it. I mean it. I don't need people thinking I cant look after myself."

"No I'm not gonna stay out of it. Look at you, you're all banged up." I growled.

Seriously? I'm supposed to let that slid? I don't think so. It's no different then him getting in when Peter and I threw down. I defend what's mine! Even when we were just friends everyone knew you don't f*ck with my boy unless you want a double dose of beat down.

Because once you heal from his ass whipping you're gonna face mine. I don't hold back the way he does. He drops you and he's done. I drop you and keep you down. Period end of discussion.

He thumped my head and I came back to the here and now and dropped my internal rant.

"So what, it's just a few bruises. No where near the damage he got. I had bruises and he had broken bones. The matter is closed. I mean it. If you go and stir up a fight with him. Me and you are gonna have issues. Big issues. Got it?" He growled back at me.

Hmm I like it when he gets all macho. "Fine, but if it happens again. The promise is void. I'll make him regret ever leaving the safety of his mom's cooter!" I replied petulantly.

He smiled and ran his hand down my chest. "Good boy. Wanna treat?" He looked down between us and laughed a throaty laugh.

"Never mind, stupid question and we know how much you hate those." He purred as he wrapped his hand around me and started a slow measured pull that had me bracing myself on the tiled wall.

Man I love our shower time.