Vin clenched his jaw. "You really have no sense of humor Peter. I'm not actually gonna star in Ramming the Backdoor In." He belligerently drawled rolling his eyes.

A small laugh escaped me. That is such a Vin thing to say.

He smiled at me. "Good one right? You should have seen the lawyers face when I said that."

His dad still looked mad. "That wasn't funny, it was filth and you need to learn that you cant say that kind of garbage. Do you know how uncomfortable Greg was when he informed us you'll work your way through college as nothing more then a legally recorded gay prostitute." He growled.

"Don't worry. When I have my dirty gay sex it'll be for free. But I could totally get down with making a homemade video." He chirped.

I elbowed him and bit my lip. I shouldn't be laughing right now. His dad looked at me fiercely but said nothing.

"You two can leave. I have no intention of changing my mind. I don't want or need your money or you. You thought you hated me before just for helping Sammy when you beat her. Triple it and maybe you'll get what I feel for you. I just wish it had been you and me having the coming out talk. Things would have gone a lot different then they did with Samantha"

"It wouldn't matter if you were the one that told me Samantha was-"

Vin rolled his eyes. "Not Sam you idiot. Me. As in I like boys. Well not all boys just my Dare." He said holding my hand..

"What does he mean by that Dereck?" Peter growled trying to glare a hold through my head.

Please get over yourself I thought with an internal eye roll.

"He means that if it had been him that came out to you about our relationship, he would have beat your ass when you tried beating him the way you did Sams." I answered truthfully.

"Like hell! No son of mine is a gay!" He roared.

I stood up. "It's time for you to leave now. Vin has already said he wont change his mind about the money or confidentiality agreement and I've just told you point blank that your son and I are a couple. There isn't anything left to be said." I stated calmly still holding Vin by the arm so he was behind me

If Peter flipped when Sammy came out, I imagine he seriously wants to hurt Vin. He'll have to go through me first though.

Vin wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my neck keeping eye contact with his father. He was trying to make it obvious and set his father off.

Peter shook the shock away and lunged for us. I dodged and pushed him back.

"You son of a bitch! You corrupted my son with your filthy-" And Wham Vin slammed his fist into Peter's jaw. Then stomach.

I pulled him back. "Enough"

He shrugged my hand off and grabbed his father by his shirt. "Get out and never come back. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being." He pushed him towards the door and turned to his mother. "You need to leave too Veronica. As far as I'm concerned you are no better then him. You sat back and let it all happen."

She sniffed but nodded. "I'm sor-"

His dad took advantage and nailed me with his fist in my kidney and another to my ribs.

Vin kicked out and Peter lost his footing. Vin steadied me and his dad took the opportunity to slam a killer upper cut into his son's chest then two solid jabs to his face.

I pushed Vin back and took the next shot that was meant for him. I tackled Peter to the ground ignoring the few shots he got in and slammed my fist into his face a few times. I raised him so we were eye to eye. "If you ever hit him again, I'll kill you!" I spit on him and kicked him just for good measure.

Vin pulled me back and checked me over.

He glared at me. "You should have stayed out of it!" He yelled turning and grabbing his dad by the hair and towing him out the front door.

I flopped down on the couch and looked at my bruised hand. Right, like I was going to let those two kill each other. If I hadn't stepped in they'd still be fighting.

Veronica sat down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"Thanks for that." She said.

I just shrugged.

"I know it's no excuse but, Peter scares me when he loses control." She sighed "it's just easier to stay out of it."

"Your right, being a coward isn't an excuse. He's cost you your son and daughter. Who are both the most amazingly wonderful people imaginable. Still think it's easier?"

"He hates me. I've tried calling him but he wont answer." She said sadly

"Try harder. If you want a relationship with Sam and Vin fight for it. You owe them that."

"You really love each other don't y'all" She asked with a slight smile.

"Yes we do. You should go help your husband. We had another chat outside and he's having trouble walking." Vin interrupted coming back in.

She nodded and walked out. He flopped beside me and pulled me into his arms. "You okay?" He asked looking at my fresh bruises.

I pulled my shirt back down and glared at him. "Are you?"

He nodded.

"You're a complete and total jackass. That could have been handled better. Now look at you. Split lip, black eye and who knows what else. And don't think I believe for a second all you did was talk to him." I fumed.

His kiss shut me up. He pulled back and grimaced at his cracked.

"He swung first when we were outside." He defended looking completely unremorseful about fighting again after I went through the trouble of ending it the first time.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be petulant. You could have walked away."

"You're right, but I was still pissed that he hit you." He sighed. "I'm sorry I snapped at you. I just don't want you fighting my fights for me. I really don't like you getting hit." He muttered lightly touching my blossoming black eye.

"MMMhhmmmm" Lisa cleared her throat and smiled sheepishly. "I uhh thought you guys might need this." She said handing us a couple of ice packs.