TRS - Part Twenty Five

We entered the large room to see my father talking a tall, handsome man dressed in regal clothing.

As we walked closer, Tooru's hand squeezed mine tighter.

We came to a stop next to them and they turned to face us.

Here was another goddamn giant.

It surprised me just how similar they were. Tooru's father was just a touch taller than her and they had the same eyes and hair colour.

'Father!'

Tooru let go of my hand and fell into a deep curtsey as she greeted her father.

I followed her lead and lowered myself into a deep bow.

'Sir, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance'

I formally greeted him.

I felt like he was watching my every move, judging me.

I was starting to sweat.

'My friend, you have raised quite the boy here.'

Tooru's father spoke to my father as if they were old friends. As far as I knew they barely knew each other and only engaged in political discussion.

'Thankyou! I am quite proud of him. But you have also raised a fine daughter with Tooru!'

The gentleman appraised Tooru with cold eyes.

'Hmph. Yes, well. Tooru is certainly a special case.'

Was it just me or did he say those words with malice?

I wasnt the only one who noticed as I felt Tooru stiffen next to me.

My father, apparently, was none the wiser and he continued his conversation with the other king.

The conversation quickly turned to one of politics and I zoned out, not really interested.

'Hajime!'

I snapped out of my daze.

My father called my named.

'I trust you will be able to show our honoured guest to his room?'

I nodded in response.

'Of course, sir'

I called one of the attendants over to advise me what room he was staying in.

'Tooru, I assume you know your way around this castle by now. You will show me to my room.'

It was more of a command than a request but Tooru agreed to her father's demands.

'I'll come find you later.'

She spoke quietly to me as our fathers said their short goodbyes.

I exited the room with Tooru and her father and left in the opposite direction.

It seemed the king had something he wanted to discuss with his daughter.

It was a couple of hours later whilst I relaxed in my room when Tooru reappeared.

The door to my quarters was thrown open with a bang and Tooru ran in.

I immediately stood up and caught her in my arms as she sobbed uncontrollably.

Her attendants weren't far behind her and I held up a hand to stop them from coming too close.

They looked extremely anxious but stayed back as I instructed, watching us from afar.

'Shhhhh, Tooru.'

I stroked her hair and held her close as I tried to calm her.

'Hajime!'

She hiccups my name through her tears.

'Hajime, I need *hic* you *hic* to call off the wedding!'

Authors note
Thanks for sticking with me guys! I'm genuinely surprised by how many of you still reading as I publish! You may be happy to know that I'm going to be ramping up the frequency I am posting parts, mainly because I'm going on holiday to Tokyo soon for two weeks! I would like to try and get this story finished before I go as I don't want to keep you all waiting while I'm away.

I'll try my best and hopefully you will stick with me to the very end!