TRS - Part Nineteen

As we entered the ballroom I felt suspicious.

Is everyone looking at us?

I feel like people are whispering a bit too much....

I know we're holding hands but......didn't everyone notice a bit too quickly?

I must have tensed up as Tooru squeezed my hand and smiled reassuringly.

'Ahem'

I heard a quiet cough from in the shadows and could just make out Akira hiding there. I headed over in his direction, pulling the princess with me.

'Akira? What's going on? It feels like everyone is staring at us'

'Well, sir. It seems you gave one of the guests quite a display out in the hallway a moment ago.'

I heard a stifled giggle behind me from Tooru as the cogs whirled up in July mind trying to process what Akira meant.

As the realisation dawned on me, my cheeks heated up.

Oh God.

I didn't even think that there might be other guests in the hallway.

'Did they.....overhear?'

I tentatively questioned what Akira knew.

'Hmmmm, I would say it was more like they saw'

Oh God.

I dont know what would have been worse.....if they had overheard our conversation or that they had seen our embrace.

My free hand instinctively rose to cover my face in embarrassment.

'I'm pretty sure they heard as well'

Another stifled giggle from the princess behind me.

Well, now I dont have to worry about what's worse as apparently they saw and heard what happened.

'Uuurrgh'

I groaned quietly.

'I like you....Akira, was it?'

I heard the princess pipe up from behind me and felt a sharp sensation inside as I heard her say those words...jealousy?

'Yes, my lady.'

Akira bowed deeply to the princess.

'Thanks for informing us. Hajime...'

Tooru turned her attention back to me.

'Isn't it a good thing that we were noticed? It saves us the trouble of having to tell everyone the situation.'

The princess shrugged off the situation easily.

I couldn't as easily shake off the foreboding feeling that was hiding in the pit of my stomach.

I sighed, giving up, knowing there was nothing I could do to change what had been witnessed.

It was immediately as I relaxed that  the reason for my foreboding feelings turned up.

'Hajime, my son!'

Oh no.

Ground. Please swallow me up.

'Father.'

He totally knows.

I greeted my father with just one word, nervous and uncomfortable.  I dont really want to have this conversation right now.

Tooru picked up on my reluctance and stepped in.

My saviour. My angel.

'Father! Or am I being too bold?'

Tooru fluttered her eyelashes at the king as she greeted him.

God damn flirt.

With my own father.

She squeezed my hand and couldn't quite cover up her smirk quick enough.

She's doing this on purpose.

'Oh Tooru, my dear. Of course you may call me father. I accepted you into the family as soon as you entered the castle.'

Torru laughed and gently waved her hand at him, pretending to be bashful.

'Tooru, you are soon to be my daughter, no need to be shy!'

Shy my ass.

She's too good at playing people.

Will someone please tell me why I'm in love with this woman.

'Hajime, you have done well, Tooru is too good for you.'

'Oh, father...'

Tooru brushed off his comment as she leaned against me placing on hand on my chest and one on my lower back.

'Hajime has been too good to me.'

As she said this, her hand on my lower back seemed to want to go exploring.

What is she doing...my father is right in front if us.

My father noticed nothing.

'He has shown me nothing but kindness.'

I flinched slightly as I felt her hand slip into the back of my trousers.

What the hell is she up to.

'You are too kind to my son.'

'Oh, not at all!'

I jumped slightly as she squeezed my ass as she said this.

'Hajime, are you okay?'

My father looked at me concerned.

'I-I'm fine'

I tried to shrug it off as Tooru continued to amuse herself.

'Are you sure, dear? Your cheeks are a bit flushed.'

This time it was Tooru speaking, she hadn't quite covered up the amusement in her tone as she spoke, though my father seemed completely oblivious.

'I-----I think I might need a sit down....'

I very quickly gave in and surrendered as my voice went shrill as Tooru's fingers went somewhere I was not prepared to have them!

I went weak at the knees.

She quickly removed her hand from my trousers and returned it to my back as my father looked over me concerned.

'Father, it's fine, I'll take him to rest at a table and he should be fine shortly.'

Tooru, waved away my worried father.

His expression instantly changed to one of joy.

'Oh, how lucky my son is to have such a caring fianceè.'

Tooru played on a sugary sweet smile I  return.

Oh if only he knew what a terror this woman is.