TRS - Part Eighteen

We left the room hand in hand and headed back to the ballroom, the princess leading the way.

I tugged gently on Tooru's hand before we entered and she came to a stop.

'Are you really, really sure?'

I had to check.

I couldn't quite understand the emotions working their way around my body.

I still don't quite understand why I find this woman so appealing.

Or why I'm so ridiculously happy right now.

Or why I'm still so nervous and hesitant.

I mean, this is all for the benefit of our countries, right?

It's not because she actually has feelings for me.

'Hajime.'

Tooru turned to face me and stared directly into my eyes.

She took hold of my other hand as we faced each other.

'I'm not quite sure how to make this any clearer.... I was attracted to you...physically....when I first saw you. As we spent those days together, I got to know you better and was attracted to more than just your face.'

Tooru dropped my hands and stepped closer to me, cupping my cheeks in her warm hands.

She placed her forehead on mine and spoke gently to me.

'Hmmm....its difficult....'

She kept eye contact with me as she tried to get her words out.

I think this is the first time I've seen her put so much thought into something.

It's utterly adorable.

And it's all for my sake.

My heart was pounding and I was starting to feel dizzy. My brain overheating.

Tooru smiled and softened her gaze.

'I think....even though we have only known each other a short time, I think I'm in love with you.'

My heart skipped as she closed the inch that was between us and kissed me.

It was a slow, gentle kiss that made my head spin even more than it already was.

We reluctantly broke apart and looked at each other.

'Well, I suppose we had better head back in....'

I hesitantly broke the comfortable atmosphere surrounding us.

I took Tooru's delicate hand and interlaced her dainty fingers with my own.

I looked at her once again and she nodded in reassurance.

I stood up straight, took a deep breath and we headed back into the ball room. Hand in hand.

Authors note
Blaaargh, sorry for another soppy part. I'm disgusted with myself that I wrote it 😂😂 short one for now but at least they have (kinda) confirmed their feelings for one another. I'll be moving away from the cutesy shit in the next chapter, although expect some cheese when the wedding happens - might be the end of the next part, I haven't decided yet. Thanks for sticking with me on this guys! See you in the next one!